[NTB] Re: notetab ver. 4.51

  • Harder, Paul
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 1999
      Yes, Roger, NoteTab will help. It is the only editor I use for HTML, and I
      do a LOT of web work. You need to learn to use the clipbooks. Look at the
      bottom of the NoteTab window, where there are a lot of buttons labelled
      "Acronyms", "HTML", etc. You'll find the "HTML" button very useful. Open
      the Help menu to learn all about using clips from the clipbook. But the
      basic idea is that you click the HTML button and then press the F4 key to
      open a clipbook. While it's open, you can double-click on any of the clip
      names to paste that clip into your document.

      There are also a LOT of other things that NoteTab does for HTML authors. I
      encourage you to do a keyword search for HTML in the online help, and read
      everything you find there.

      Good luck!
      Paul

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 1999
        "I would like to know if this Notetab will actually help in
        making a Web Page or is their a manual for this Notetab.I would
        apprecaite your help in this matter and I thank you in
        advance.Roger
        Roger310@...
        21135473@..."
        I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I've been using NT since
        4.011, and even found even those early versions very useful for
        writing web pages. If you mean, 'what is it useful for?', I use
        clips to turn text and data into mini-templates for insertion into
        existing web-pages, and to process data from other sources
        which will eventually find its way into my pages, as well as into
        the database used by the site's search engine.
        Although I originally downloaded it for use on web-pages, once
        one has it around it is also useful for automating a lot of chores.
        If you send a list of more specific questions, I'm sure that the
        more knowledgeable people on this group will be happy to
        answer.

        Thanks,
        David.

      • Roger
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 1999
          Hi David,
          I want to make a Web page for my self and my roommate and would like to
          know if this NOTETAb well help with the chores.Thanks Roger
          Roger310@...
          21135473@...

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 1999
            Hi Roger,

            > I want to make a Web page for my self and my
            >roommate and would like to know if this NOTETAb well
            >help with the chores.

            Try openning any text document into NoteTab. From the
            menubar select:

            On the menubar Modify/Document To Html
            Hold your mouse over the icons on the Toolbar out
            to the right and look for the Tooltip that says
            "View in Browser."
            Click it. :)

            You can change a few of the default options for how
            the page looks in Options under Internet. I use
            this mainly when I just want a quick page built to
            test something. Like I said before there are loads
            of Libraries already made to help all the way from
            simple ones to very complex.

            You can also make templates - look under
            Menubar/File/Template/Open...

            Happy NoteTabbin',
            Jody Adair

            The NoteTabbers' Assistant Page