[NTB] Re: NoteTab Pro 4.6 (Public Beta #7)

  • Nicole Simon
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 1999
      Hi list,

      > I agree to a certain extent. But the new auto-replace feature can do a lot more
      > than WinWord's autocorrect system.

      Yes. But in this case, I just want my beloved autocorrect. And no, that's
      not just for the little selling mistakes. I use to have several things in
      Winword, like my address, my bankaccount, special webpages etc. And, oh
      yes, my name. I'm always writing Nciole or Nciole Ismon etc.

      > configured to provide auto-replace. The advantage with the system I used is
      > that it is a lot more flexible than autocorrect in WinWord, adds very little
      > bloat to NoteTab, and is much more powerful.

      This is also important.

      > traditional Clipbook libraries. I suppose that one suggestion I can make is
      > that you could create a Clip that does a search and replace for those few words
      > that you always misspell. So your document would be revised through a single
      > click of the mouse.

      No. The charme of autocorrect is that it works in the background. Once my
      list is defined, I will not even take notice of it working there. [a
      colleague of mine is named Weng. I was wondering, why there was always Fr.
      Wenig (Mrs. not so much) in my protocolls till I threw out the
      autocorrectentry...]

      > Maybe in NoteTab Gold... <g>

      Ok, would be ok with me. When do we get it? :o)

      Nicole

      --
      Dust Puppy: »Well. It is a long story ...
      but every saga has a beginning.«

    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 1999
        Hi Jody,

        > Perhaps Eric can do something with FarClip for it. I still cannot
        > edit a clip with AutoCorrect on. When I hit one of the chacters to
        > execute it my commnad gets erased. No big deal to turn it off while
        > in Edit clip mode though it is not too user friendly.

        Auto-replace is disabled while you are in the Clip editor. Nothing should
        happen.

        Regards,
        Eric Fookes
        -----------
        NoteTab v4.52 available from

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 1999
          Hi Eric,

          >Auto-replace is disabled while you are in the Clip editor. Nothing should
          >happen.

          I must have been in an earlier version - downloaded
          again and it works now as you say kind sir. :)

          Später,
          Jody Adair

          I can only please one person a day.
          Today is obviously not your day.