[NTB] Re: NoteTab Pro 4.6 (Public Beta #7)

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 1999
      Hi Paul, Nicole, and Eric,

      >Okay, I take your point. Perhaps the solution is to let any clb
      >serve as the autocorrect clb, but have the user explicitly
      >designate which one that shall be -- so there's no need for the
      >currently open clb to be the one from which you do autocorrect.

      Perhaps Eric can do something with FarClip for it. I still cannot
      edit a clip with AutoCorrect on. When I hit one of the chacters to
      execute it my commnad gets erased. No big deal to turn it off while
      in Edit clip mode though it is not too user friendly.

      c ya,
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

      http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 1999
        Hi Nicole,

        > It is great, execpt.. I need to have a cliplibrary open to use it :(
        >
        > Based on my experience in Winword, I would find this more usefull if I had
        > a file which I can choose to be my 'autocorrect'-file.

        I agree to a certain extent. But the new auto-replace feature can do a lot more
        than WinWord's autocorrect system. NoteTab can handle tasks like autocomplete
        using Clip code and Wizards. Furthermore, you can have many libraries
        configured to provide auto-replace. The advantage with the system I used is
        that it is a lot more flexible than autocorrect in WinWord, adds very little
        bloat to NoteTab, and is much more powerful.

        > I know, which are my faults and I have deleted the whole winword file and
        > replaced it with the few words I always mispell. If the feature would only
        > be available through the clb, it would be no great enhancement for _me_,
        > because I know my clipbooks and use f2 frequently.

        It's true it is less convenient for people who work intensively with
        traditional Clipbook libraries. I suppose that one suggestion I can make is
        that you could create a Clip that does a search and replace for those few words
        that you always misspell. So your document would be revised through a single
        click of the mouse.

        > I would prefer an option for 'the autocorrectfile' to be set either through
        > options or even a clipcommand; so we could choose what to take as our
        > clipfile.

        Maybe in NoteTab Gold... <g>

        > I find it very dangerous to be clip-based; think of a letter in which you
        > write 'don't use this format' and you have a clipfile open in which you
        > have a format c:\ clip. :o(

        I don't understand what you mean by this. The auto-replace feature is only
        activated if a library is defined as such, or if you force it into auto-replace
        mode through the corresponding menu command.

        Regards,
        Eric Fookes
        -----------
        NoteTab v4.52 available from

      • Nicole Simon
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 1999
          Hi list,

          > I agree to a certain extent. But the new auto-replace feature can do a lot more
          > than WinWord's autocorrect system.

          Yes. But in this case, I just want my beloved autocorrect. And no, that's
          not just for the little selling mistakes. I use to have several things in
          Winword, like my address, my bankaccount, special webpages etc. And, oh
          yes, my name. I'm always writing Nciole or Nciole Ismon etc.

          > configured to provide auto-replace. The advantage with the system I used is
          > that it is a lot more flexible than autocorrect in WinWord, adds very little
          > bloat to NoteTab, and is much more powerful.

          This is also important.

          > traditional Clipbook libraries. I suppose that one suggestion I can make is
          > that you could create a Clip that does a search and replace for those few words
          > that you always misspell. So your document would be revised through a single
          > click of the mouse.

          No. The charme of autocorrect is that it works in the background. Once my
          list is defined, I will not even take notice of it working there. [a
          colleague of mine is named Weng. I was wondering, why there was always Fr.
          Wenig (Mrs. not so much) in my protocolls till I threw out the
          autocorrectentry...]

          > Maybe in NoteTab Gold... <g>

          Ok, would be ok with me. When do we get it? :o)

          Nicole

          --
          Dust Puppy: »Well. It is a long story ...
          but every saga has a beginning.«

        • Eric G.V. Fookes
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 1999
            Hi Jody,

            > Perhaps Eric can do something with FarClip for it. I still cannot
            > edit a clip with AutoCorrect on. When I hit one of the chacters to
            > execute it my commnad gets erased. No big deal to turn it off while
            > in Edit clip mode though it is not too user friendly.

            Auto-replace is disabled while you are in the Clip editor. Nothing should
            happen.

            Regards,
            Eric Fookes
            -----------
            NoteTab v4.52 available from

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 1, 1999
              Hi Eric,

              >Auto-replace is disabled while you are in the Clip editor. Nothing should
              >happen.

              I must have been in an earlier version - downloaded
              again and it works now as you say kind sir. :)

              Später,
              Jody Adair

              I can only please one person a day.
              Today is obviously not your day.