[NTB] Re: French newbie 3

  • Claes Gauffin
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 25, 1999
      Hello Geoffroi,

      At 18:17 1999-02-24 +0000, you wrote:

      >Here are more precisions: I have some text that I must prepare in
      >order to be used in a data base... So, I have to add some special
      >tags at the beginning and at the end of a block of text. An example:
      >
      >text block #1
      >
      >text block #2
      >
      >text block #3
      >
      >should become:
      >
      ><professional>text block #1</professional>
      ><private>text block #2</private>
      ><daily>text block #3</daily>
      >
      >I need to do that automatically: It would be of great help if I just
      >had to write the name of the tag in a script so that it includes it
      >at the beginning and at the end of a paragraph without my
      >intervention... And so on with the next paragraph!

      Could the following be useful to you? Crucial to this is the assumption
      that your textblocks are uniquely delimited with double CR/LF's. If they
      are not, you will have to change the clip to correctly capture paragraph
      start & end.

      You may increase working speed even more:

      - If the number of different tags are limited you can make one clip for
      each tag.
      Dragging and dropping a suitable clip onto a target paragraph is then a very
      swift mode of work.

      - If the tag repertoire is not only limited but also very rigid, insofar
      that you always apply exactly the same sequence of tags on exactly the same
      number of paragraphs, you may of course make the whole lot automatic by
      simply repeating
      the clip contents to cover all tags/paragraphs.

      Regards /Claes

      H=Tag entry
      ^!set %tag%=^?{Tag==_Professional|Private|Daily|Tag#4}

      ^!Find "^p^p" TBS
      ^!IfError DocStart
      ^!inserttext ^%NL<^%tag%>

      :EndTag