[NTB] FPR, Templates, font settings

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 1999
      Hi Eric,

      I have created a template (Terminal.tpl) and made its font setting to come
      up as the "terminal" fixed width font rather than the default "New Courier"
      proportional width font. Now when I open the file I get a new file
      "Terminal01.txt" with the font pre-set to the fixed width font which is
      what I want.

      From Help:

      Document Properties are saved whenever the document or the editor is
      closed. All settings for up to the 256 (default value) most recently opened
      files are stored in a file called NOTETAB.FPR or NOTEPRO.FPR, which is
      placed in the program directory. You can change the number of settings that
      can be remembered by editing the field "Store Properties" on the Advanced
      tab. You can clear all memorized settings by clicking on the Clear
      Properties button, which is also located on the Advanced tab.

      Question:

      Does this mean that my font setting for the template and files it creates
      will be lost - go back to default - if I open 256 other files before using
      it again. I would prefer that the answer be no but if it is then I will
      try something else.

      The reason for this is that I would on occasion like to open a new doc to
      be used mainly for formatting fixed width text. I see that the
      justification of text is handled differently for fixed and proportional
      width text.

      Regards,

      Larry Thomas
      larryt@...