[NTB] Re: Duplicate clip?

  • News2You Copy Writing
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
      Jody, THANKS, it works like a charm. Now, this may be beyond simple clips,
      but is it possible to get NoteTab to DELETE the dups leaving one of the
      duplicated addresses?

      Also, NoteTab being as through as it is, it is finding PARTS of addresses
      that are the same. For example:

      Adc63@...
      Xyz63@...
      Elb63@...

      And

      63@...

      All get highlighted as dupes of 63@...

      Hmmmmmmmmmmm, what now?

      Ev

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
        Hi Ev,

        >Jody, THANKS, it works like a charm. Now, this may be beyond simple >clips, but is it possible to get NoteTab to DELETE the dups leaving
        >one of the duplicated addresses?

        That's how I had it before I changed it to what you wanted it to
        do - look at it. :)

        >Elb63@...
        >63@...
        >
        >All get highlighted as dupes of 63@...
        >
        >Hmmmmmmmmmmm, what now?

        I think I can fix that with the "C" option. Remeber this is
        just the basic one. If you have triplicates it will not get
        the two extras. Just run it till no more show up in the info
        box. :-) I have one the does a lot more, but it's too long
        to post here.

        H=Try This
        ^!SetWizardTitle Find Duplicates
        ^!Set %Save%=Dups^%nl%
        ^!Jump Doc_End
        ^!InsertText ^p^p
        ^!Jump 1

        :Start
        ^!Select Eol
        ^!Set %Row%=^$GetRow$
        ^!Set %Data%=^$GetSelection$

        :Find
        ^!Find "^%Data%" ISC
        ^!IfError DoNext
        ;^!Jump +1
        ^!DeleteLine
        ^!Append %Save%=^%Data%^%nl%
        ^!Inc %Row%
        ^!Jump ^%Row%
        ^!If "^$GetRow$" = "^$GetLineCount$" Info
        ^!GoTo Start

        :DoNext
        ^!Jump +1
        ^!GoTo Start

        :Info

        :EndBreak
        ^!IfTrue ^$GetRow$ End
        ^!If ^$IsEmpty(^$GetLine$)$ = 0 InsEnd
        ^!Replace "^p" >> "" SB
        ^!Goto EndBreak

        :InsEnd
        ^!InsertText ^p
        ^!Jump 1

        ^!Info [L]^%Save%

        c ya,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

        http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

      • Kay Roath
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
          2/2/1999 7:31 PM News2You Copy Writing wrote

          > Jody, THANKS, it works like a charm. Now, this may be beyond simple clips,
          > but is it possible to get NoteTab to DELETE the dups leaving one of the
          > duplicated addresses?

          View Menu - Options - Tools - Sort Removes Duplicates
          (checked) if you don't mind having the email addresses
          sorted.

          --- Grandma Kay ---
          Introduction to NoteTab 4,5 Clip Programming
          http://notetab.kay.net

        • News2You Copy Writing
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
            Grandma Kay,

            I looked for and found this option, checked it, clicked ok, closed and
            rebooted the program, made sure it was still checked, and tried it. Sort it
            did, remove dupes it did not which is really to bad since having this as one
            function would be great. Any ideas why it did not work?

            Ev

            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
              Hi Ev,

              >Sort it did, remove dupes it did not which is really to bad
              >since having this as one function would be great. Any ideas
              >why it did not work?

              You should just be able to select all 0r just what you want
              sorted and do it. If you are in 4.52 it should work. Do take
              a close look at your file though. Select All and scroll up
              and down looking to make sure there are not spaces behind some
              of them. Sometime that is common in eMail files, or at least
              the ones that drove me nuts for awhile when I was sorting them.

              c ya,
              Jody Adair
              Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

              http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

            • Claes Gauffin
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
                At 01:14 1999-02-03 -0500, you wrote:

                >I looked for and found this option, checked it, clicked ok, closed and
                >rebooted the program, made sure it was still checked, and tried it. Sort it
                >did, remove dupes it did not which is really to bad since having this as one
                >function would be great. Any ideas why it did not work?

                I had that problem. Nowadays I always _first_ do a Modify/Lines/Trim blanks,
                _then_ a Modify/Lines/Sort. Keeps me happier:)

                /Claes

              • Kay Roath
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 3, 1999
                  2/3/1999 12:14 AM News2You Copy Writing wrote

                  > I looked for and found this option, checked it, clicked ok, closed and
                  > rebooted the program......<snip>

                  You don't need to restart NoteTab after making changes in
                  Options :) The advice from others about spaces should solve
                  your dup not deleted problem but you might also want to
                  make sure that Case Sensitive Sorting (Tools tab in Options)
                  isn't checked.

                  Sorting will work on selected text only or all text if
                  nothing is selected.

                • h.paulissen@facburfdcw.unimaas.nl
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 13, 2002
                    Hi Julie,

                    > blahblahblah=http://link1.com
                    > blah=http://link2.com
                    > thisisnumber3=http://link3.com
                    > etc.
                    >
                    > How can I quickly get rid of everything from the beginning of
                    > the line
                    > until the http so I just have a list of the links? I'm
                    > assuming this can be
                    > done with regular expressions?>

                    Right!

                    Check Regular Exp. in the Replace Diaolog Box.

                    Search for ".*{http}" (without the quotes)

                    Replace with "\1" (ditto, \1 stands for the pattern between {})

                    TIP:

                    You can go to the start of the document by doubleclicking in a non-active
                    area of the Replace Diaolog Box.

                    Hugo
                  • Alec Burgess
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 13, 2002
                      Hugo.
                      > TIP:
                      >
                      > You can go to the start of the document by
                      doubleclicking
                      > in a non-active area of the Replace Diaolog Box.

                      Neat trick, thanks! (If not using Regexp and search
                      direction is UP it looks like you can get to the bottom
                      in the same way). Eric is SOOOO brilliant.

                      Regards ... Alec