[NTB] Re: Duplicate clip?

    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
      Hi Ev,

      >Is there a clip that will search out duplicates in a list
      >(for example, and e-mail list?)
      >just ""show me the dupes"

      This is just a basic one that will show dups. Your eMail
      addresses must each be on one line.

      H=Check4Dups
      ^!SetWizardTitle Find Duplicates
      ^!Set %Save%=Dups^%nl%
      ^!Jump Doc_End
      ^!InsertText ^p^p
      ^!Jump 1

      :Start
      ^!Select Eol
      ^!Set %Row%=^$GetRow$
      ^!Set %Data%=^$GetSelection$

      :Find
      ^!Find "^%Data%" IS
      ^!IfError DoNext
      ^!Jump +1
      ^!Append %Save%=^%Data%^%nl%
      ^!Inc %Row%
      ^!Jump ^%Row%
      ^!If "^$GetRow$" = "^$GetLineCount$" Info
      ^!GoTo Start

      :DoNext
      ^!Jump +1
      ^!GoTo Start

      :Info

      :EndBreak
      ^!IfTrue ^$GetRow$ End
      ^!If ^$IsEmpty(^$GetLine$)$ = 0 InsEnd
      ^!Replace "^p" >> "" SB
      ^!Goto EndBreak

      :InsEnd
      ^!InsertText ^p
      ^!Jump 1

      ^!Info [L]^%Save%

      Happy NoteTabbin',
      Jody Adair
      http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611/notetab/notetab.htm

    • News2You Copy Writing
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
        Jody, THANKS, it works like a charm. Now, this may be beyond simple clips,
        but is it possible to get NoteTab to DELETE the dups leaving one of the
        duplicated addresses?

        Also, NoteTab being as through as it is, it is finding PARTS of addresses
        that are the same. For example:

        Adc63@...
        Xyz63@...
        Elb63@...

        And

        63@...

        All get highlighted as dupes of 63@...

        Hmmmmmmmmmmm, what now?

        Ev

        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
          Hi Ev,

          >Jody, THANKS, it works like a charm. Now, this may be beyond simple >clips, but is it possible to get NoteTab to DELETE the dups leaving
          >one of the duplicated addresses?

          That's how I had it before I changed it to what you wanted it to
          do - look at it. :)

          >Elb63@...
          >63@...
          >
          >All get highlighted as dupes of 63@...
          >
          >Hmmmmmmmmmmm, what now?

          I think I can fix that with the "C" option. Remeber this is
          just the basic one. If you have triplicates it will not get
          the two extras. Just run it till no more show up in the info
          box. :-) I have one the does a lot more, but it's too long
          to post here.

          H=Try This
          ^!SetWizardTitle Find Duplicates
          ^!Set %Save%=Dups^%nl%
          ^!Jump Doc_End
          ^!InsertText ^p^p
          ^!Jump 1

          :Start
          ^!Select Eol
          ^!Set %Row%=^$GetRow$
          ^!Set %Data%=^$GetSelection$

          :Find
          ^!Find "^%Data%" ISC
          ^!IfError DoNext
          ;^!Jump +1
          ^!DeleteLine
          ^!Append %Save%=^%Data%^%nl%
          ^!Inc %Row%
          ^!Jump ^%Row%
          ^!If "^$GetRow$" = "^$GetLineCount$" Info
          ^!GoTo Start

          :DoNext
          ^!Jump +1
          ^!GoTo Start

          :Info

          :EndBreak
          ^!IfTrue ^$GetRow$ End
          ^!If ^$IsEmpty(^$GetLine$)$ = 0 InsEnd
          ^!Replace "^p" >> "" SB
          ^!Goto EndBreak

          :InsEnd
          ^!InsertText ^p
          ^!Jump 1

          ^!Info [L]^%Save%

          c ya,
          Jody Adair
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

          http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

        • Kay Roath
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
            2/2/1999 7:31 PM News2You Copy Writing wrote

            > Jody, THANKS, it works like a charm. Now, this may be beyond simple clips,
            > but is it possible to get NoteTab to DELETE the dups leaving one of the
            > duplicated addresses?

            View Menu - Options - Tools - Sort Removes Duplicates
            (checked) if you don't mind having the email addresses
            sorted.

            --- Grandma Kay ---
            Introduction to NoteTab 4,5 Clip Programming
            http://notetab.kay.net

          • News2You Copy Writing
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
              Grandma Kay,

              I looked for and found this option, checked it, clicked ok, closed and
              rebooted the program, made sure it was still checked, and tried it. Sort it
              did, remove dupes it did not which is really to bad since having this as one
              function would be great. Any ideas why it did not work?

              Ev

              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
                Hi Ev,

                >Sort it did, remove dupes it did not which is really to bad
                >since having this as one function would be great. Any ideas
                >why it did not work?

                You should just be able to select all 0r just what you want
                sorted and do it. If you are in 4.52 it should work. Do take
                a close look at your file though. Select All and scroll up
                and down looking to make sure there are not spaces behind some
                of them. Sometime that is common in eMail files, or at least
                the ones that drove me nuts for awhile when I was sorting them.

                c ya,
                Jody Adair
                Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

              • Claes Gauffin
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
                  At 01:14 1999-02-03 -0500, you wrote:

                  >I looked for and found this option, checked it, clicked ok, closed and
                  >rebooted the program, made sure it was still checked, and tried it. Sort it
                  >did, remove dupes it did not which is really to bad since having this as one
                  >function would be great. Any ideas why it did not work?

                  I had that problem. Nowadays I always _first_ do a Modify/Lines/Trim blanks,
                  _then_ a Modify/Lines/Sort. Keeps me happier:)

                  /Claes

                • Kay Roath
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 3, 1999
                    2/3/1999 12:14 AM News2You Copy Writing wrote

                    > I looked for and found this option, checked it, clicked ok, closed and
                    > rebooted the program......<snip>

                    You don't need to restart NoteTab after making changes in
                    Options :) The advice from others about spaces should solve
                    your dup not deleted problem but you might also want to
                    make sure that Case Sensitive Sorting (Tools tab in Options)
                    isn't checked.

                    Sorting will work on selected text only or all text if
                    nothing is selected.

                  • h.paulissen@facburfdcw.unimaas.nl
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 13 7:56 AM
                      Hi Julie,

                      > blahblahblah=http://link1.com
                      > blah=http://link2.com
                      > thisisnumber3=http://link3.com
                      > etc.
                      >
                      > How can I quickly get rid of everything from the beginning of
                      > the line
                      > until the http so I just have a list of the links? I'm
                      > assuming this can be
                      > done with regular expressions?>

                      Right!

                      Check Regular Exp. in the Replace Diaolog Box.

                      Search for ".*{http}" (without the quotes)

                      Replace with "\1" (ditto, \1 stands for the pattern between {})

                      TIP:

                      You can go to the start of the document by doubleclicking in a non-active
                      area of the Replace Diaolog Box.

                      Hugo
                    • Alec Burgess
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 13 12:51 PM
                        Hugo.
                        > TIP:
                        >
                        > You can go to the start of the document by
                        doubleclicking
                        > in a non-active area of the Replace Diaolog Box.

                        Neat trick, thanks! (If not using Regexp and search
                        direction is UP it looks like you can get to the bottom
                        in the same way). Eric is SOOOO brilliant.

                        Regards ... Alec