[NTB] Re: Replace question

    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
      Hi David,

      >> ^!Replace "This" >> "That" AS
      >I have to use a loop with repeated "^!Find"s, since I'm essentially
      >trying to replace a regular expression and I don't think that 4.52
      >supports Replace-ing regular expressions.

      You should be able to use the A option for all occurrences. You
      should be able to search for regular expressions, just don't check
      the box that says to use them.

      ^!Find ^PHardcover SA
      ^!IFError enddeletes

      Add "W" to do the whole doc.

      >However, the clip's working just fine now with
      >^!Find ^PHardcover S
      >^!IFError enddeletes

      True. I didn't tell you about the IfError, because you wanted to
      know about not getting the error. In other words, I forgot. <g>

      >:horribleloop
      >^!Find whatever
      >^!Goto horribleloop

      That's true and expected without the "S."

      >Seems to need both.

      Yessirrie Bob! Glad you figured it out so it will help
      you remember that way. :-)

      c ya,
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

      http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
        Hi Ev,

        >Is there a clip that will search out duplicates in a list
        >(for example, and e-mail list?)
        >just ""show me the dupes"

        This is just a basic one that will show dups. Your eMail
        addresses must each be on one line.

        H=Check4Dups
        ^!SetWizardTitle Find Duplicates
        ^!Set %Save%=Dups^%nl%
        ^!Jump Doc_End
        ^!InsertText ^p^p
        ^!Jump 1

        :Start
        ^!Select Eol
        ^!Set %Row%=^$GetRow$
        ^!Set %Data%=^$GetSelection$

        :Find
        ^!Find "^%Data%" IS
        ^!IfError DoNext
        ^!Jump +1
        ^!Append %Save%=^%Data%^%nl%
        ^!Inc %Row%
        ^!Jump ^%Row%
        ^!If "^$GetRow$" = "^$GetLineCount$" Info
        ^!GoTo Start

        :DoNext
        ^!Jump +1
        ^!GoTo Start

        :Info

        :EndBreak
        ^!IfTrue ^$GetRow$ End
        ^!If ^$IsEmpty(^$GetLine$)$ = 0 InsEnd
        ^!Replace "^p" >> "" SB
        ^!Goto EndBreak

        :InsEnd
        ^!InsertText ^p
        ^!Jump 1

        ^!Info [L]^%Save%

        Happy NoteTabbin',
        Jody Adair
        http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611/notetab/notetab.htm

      • News2You Copy Writing
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
          Jody, THANKS, it works like a charm. Now, this may be beyond simple clips,
          but is it possible to get NoteTab to DELETE the dups leaving one of the
          duplicated addresses?

          Also, NoteTab being as through as it is, it is finding PARTS of addresses
          that are the same. For example:

          Adc63@...
          Xyz63@...
          Elb63@...

          And

          63@...

          All get highlighted as dupes of 63@...

          Hmmmmmmmmmmm, what now?

          Ev

          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
            Hi Ev,

            >Jody, THANKS, it works like a charm. Now, this may be beyond simple >clips, but is it possible to get NoteTab to DELETE the dups leaving
            >one of the duplicated addresses?

            That's how I had it before I changed it to what you wanted it to
            do - look at it. :)

            >Elb63@...
            >63@...
            >
            >All get highlighted as dupes of 63@...
            >
            >Hmmmmmmmmmmm, what now?

            I think I can fix that with the "C" option. Remeber this is
            just the basic one. If you have triplicates it will not get
            the two extras. Just run it till no more show up in the info
            box. :-) I have one the does a lot more, but it's too long
            to post here.

            H=Try This
            ^!SetWizardTitle Find Duplicates
            ^!Set %Save%=Dups^%nl%
            ^!Jump Doc_End
            ^!InsertText ^p^p
            ^!Jump 1

            :Start
            ^!Select Eol
            ^!Set %Row%=^$GetRow$
            ^!Set %Data%=^$GetSelection$

            :Find
            ^!Find "^%Data%" ISC
            ^!IfError DoNext
            ;^!Jump +1
            ^!DeleteLine
            ^!Append %Save%=^%Data%^%nl%
            ^!Inc %Row%
            ^!Jump ^%Row%
            ^!If "^$GetRow$" = "^$GetLineCount$" Info
            ^!GoTo Start

            :DoNext
            ^!Jump +1
            ^!GoTo Start

            :Info

            :EndBreak
            ^!IfTrue ^$GetRow$ End
            ^!If ^$IsEmpty(^$GetLine$)$ = 0 InsEnd
            ^!Replace "^p" >> "" SB
            ^!Goto EndBreak

            :InsEnd
            ^!InsertText ^p
            ^!Jump 1

            ^!Info [L]^%Save%

            c ya,
            Jody Adair
            Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

            http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

          • Kay Roath
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
              2/2/1999 7:31 PM News2You Copy Writing wrote

              > Jody, THANKS, it works like a charm. Now, this may be beyond simple clips,
              > but is it possible to get NoteTab to DELETE the dups leaving one of the
              > duplicated addresses?

              View Menu - Options - Tools - Sort Removes Duplicates
              (checked) if you don't mind having the email addresses
              sorted.

              --- Grandma Kay ---
              Introduction to NoteTab 4,5 Clip Programming
              http://notetab.kay.net

            • News2You Copy Writing
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
                Grandma Kay,

                I looked for and found this option, checked it, clicked ok, closed and
                rebooted the program, made sure it was still checked, and tried it. Sort it
                did, remove dupes it did not which is really to bad since having this as one
                function would be great. Any ideas why it did not work?

                Ev

                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
                  Hi Ev,

                  >Sort it did, remove dupes it did not which is really to bad
                  >since having this as one function would be great. Any ideas
                  >why it did not work?

                  You should just be able to select all 0r just what you want
                  sorted and do it. If you are in 4.52 it should work. Do take
                  a close look at your file though. Select All and scroll up
                  and down looking to make sure there are not spaces behind some
                  of them. Sometime that is common in eMail files, or at least
                  the ones that drove me nuts for awhile when I was sorting them.

                  c ya,
                  Jody Adair
                  Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                  http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

                • Claes Gauffin
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 2, 1999
                    At 01:14 1999-02-03 -0500, you wrote:

                    >I looked for and found this option, checked it, clicked ok, closed and
                    >rebooted the program, made sure it was still checked, and tried it. Sort it
                    >did, remove dupes it did not which is really to bad since having this as one
                    >function would be great. Any ideas why it did not work?

                    I had that problem. Nowadays I always _first_ do a Modify/Lines/Trim blanks,
                    _then_ a Modify/Lines/Sort. Keeps me happier:)

                    /Claes

                  • Kay Roath
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 3, 1999
                      2/3/1999 12:14 AM News2You Copy Writing wrote

                      > I looked for and found this option, checked it, clicked ok, closed and
                      > rebooted the program......<snip>

                      You don't need to restart NoteTab after making changes in
                      Options :) The advice from others about spaces should solve
                      your dup not deleted problem but you might also want to
                      make sure that Case Sensitive Sorting (Tools tab in Options)
                      isn't checked.

                      Sorting will work on selected text only or all text if
                      nothing is selected.

                    • h.paulissen@facburfdcw.unimaas.nl
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 13, 2002
                        Hi Julie,

                        > blahblahblah=http://link1.com
                        > blah=http://link2.com
                        > thisisnumber3=http://link3.com
                        > etc.
                        >
                        > How can I quickly get rid of everything from the beginning of
                        > the line
                        > until the http so I just have a list of the links? I'm
                        > assuming this can be
                        > done with regular expressions?>

                        Right!

                        Check Regular Exp. in the Replace Diaolog Box.

                        Search for ".*{http}" (without the quotes)

                        Replace with "\1" (ditto, \1 stands for the pattern between {})

                        TIP:

                        You can go to the start of the document by doubleclicking in a non-active
                        area of the Replace Diaolog Box.

                        Hugo
                      • Alec Burgess
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 13, 2002
                          Hugo.
                          > TIP:
                          >
                          > You can go to the start of the document by
                          doubleclicking
                          > in a non-active area of the Replace Diaolog Box.

                          Neat trick, thanks! (If not using Regexp and search
                          direction is UP it looks like you can get to the bottom
                          in the same way). Eric is SOOOO brilliant.

                          Regards ... Alec