[NTB] Re: Replace question

  • djust@netvision.net.il
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 2 12:35 PM
      > Hi David,
      >
      > >How do I prevent the not-found error box appearing after
      > >repeated replaces, when the search reaches the last one on the
      > >page?
      >
      > I believe that can only be done in a clip with the "S" option.
      >
      > ^!Replace "This" >> "That" AS
      >
      > It replaces all occurrences from the cursor position to the
      > bottom of the page.
      >
      > Strange thing though, I do not see the error now no matter what
      > I try. What version are you running?
      Good evening, Joseph!
      4.52/np.

      Thanks,
      David.

    • djust@netvision.net.il
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 2 12:49 PM
        > Hi David,
        >
        > >How do I prevent the not-found error box appearing after
        > >repeated replaces, when the search reaches the last one on the
        > >page?
        >
        > I believe that can only be done in a clip with the "S" option.
        >
        > ^!Replace "This" >> "That" AS
        I have to use a loop with repeated "^!Find"s, since I'm essentially
        trying to replace a regular expression and I don't think that 4.52
        supports Replace-ing regular expressions.
        However, the clip's working just fine now with
        ^!Find ^PHardcover S
        ^!IFError enddeletes
        I can't understand why you weren't getting the error message.
        Try something like
        :horribleloop
        ^!Find whatever
        ^!Goto horribleloop
        and you should get it once you pass the last "whatever" on the
        object page.
        Without the S, I kept getting it, and without the ^!IfError, the clip
        was either suffering from some sort of paralysis or getting stuck
        in the loop which I had intentionally written. Seems to need both.

        Thanks,
        David.

        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 2 1:30 PM
          Hi David,

          >> ^!Replace "This" >> "That" AS
          >I have to use a loop with repeated "^!Find"s, since I'm essentially
          >trying to replace a regular expression and I don't think that 4.52
          >supports Replace-ing regular expressions.

          You should be able to use the A option for all occurrences. You
          should be able to search for regular expressions, just don't check
          the box that says to use them.

          ^!Find ^PHardcover SA
          ^!IFError enddeletes

          Add "W" to do the whole doc.

          >However, the clip's working just fine now with
          >^!Find ^PHardcover S
          >^!IFError enddeletes

          True. I didn't tell you about the IfError, because you wanted to
          know about not getting the error. In other words, I forgot. <g>

          >:horribleloop
          >^!Find whatever
          >^!Goto horribleloop

          That's true and expected without the "S."

          >Seems to need both.

          Yessirrie Bob! Glad you figured it out so it will help
          you remember that way. :-)

          c ya,
          Jody Adair
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

          http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

        • News2You Copy Writing
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 2 1:30 PM
            Is there a clip that will search out duplicates in a list (for example, and
            e-mail list?) I am looking for something where I don't have to ask address
            by address, just ""show me the dupes"

            Possible?

            TIA,

            Ev

            mailto:elb@home-work?subject=show_me_the_dupe

          • News2You Copy Writing
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 2 1:35 PM
              By the way, the lists are plain text and one to a line. Very simple.

              Ev

              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 2 3:31 PM
                Hi Ev,

                >Is there a clip that will search out duplicates in a list
                >(for example, and e-mail list?)
                >just ""show me the dupes"

                This is just a basic one that will show dups. Your eMail
                addresses must each be on one line.

                H=Check4Dups
                ^!SetWizardTitle Find Duplicates
                ^!Set %Save%=Dups^%nl%
                ^!Jump Doc_End
                ^!InsertText ^p^p
                ^!Jump 1

                :Start
                ^!Select Eol
                ^!Set %Row%=^$GetRow$
                ^!Set %Data%=^$GetSelection$

                :Find
                ^!Find "^%Data%" IS
                ^!IfError DoNext
                ^!Jump +1
                ^!Append %Save%=^%Data%^%nl%
                ^!Inc %Row%
                ^!Jump ^%Row%
                ^!If "^$GetRow$" = "^$GetLineCount$" Info
                ^!GoTo Start

                :DoNext
                ^!Jump +1
                ^!GoTo Start

                :Info

                :EndBreak
                ^!IfTrue ^$GetRow$ End
                ^!If ^$IsEmpty(^$GetLine$)$ = 0 InsEnd
                ^!Replace "^p" >> "" SB
                ^!Goto EndBreak

                :InsEnd
                ^!InsertText ^p
                ^!Jump 1

                ^!Info [L]^%Save%

                Happy NoteTabbin',
                Jody Adair
                http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611/notetab/notetab.htm

              • News2You Copy Writing
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 2 5:31 PM
                  Jody, THANKS, it works like a charm. Now, this may be beyond simple clips,
                  but is it possible to get NoteTab to DELETE the dups leaving one of the
                  duplicated addresses?

                  Also, NoteTab being as through as it is, it is finding PARTS of addresses
                  that are the same. For example:

                  Adc63@...
                  Xyz63@...
                  Elb63@...

                  And

                  63@...

                  All get highlighted as dupes of 63@...

                  Hmmmmmmmmmmm, what now?

                  Ev

                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 2 6:45 PM
                    Hi Ev,

                    >Jody, THANKS, it works like a charm. Now, this may be beyond simple >clips, but is it possible to get NoteTab to DELETE the dups leaving
                    >one of the duplicated addresses?

                    That's how I had it before I changed it to what you wanted it to
                    do - look at it. :)

                    >Elb63@...
                    >63@...
                    >
                    >All get highlighted as dupes of 63@...
                    >
                    >Hmmmmmmmmmmm, what now?

                    I think I can fix that with the "C" option. Remeber this is
                    just the basic one. If you have triplicates it will not get
                    the two extras. Just run it till no more show up in the info
                    box. :-) I have one the does a lot more, but it's too long
                    to post here.

                    H=Try This
                    ^!SetWizardTitle Find Duplicates
                    ^!Set %Save%=Dups^%nl%
                    ^!Jump Doc_End
                    ^!InsertText ^p^p
                    ^!Jump 1

                    :Start
                    ^!Select Eol
                    ^!Set %Row%=^$GetRow$
                    ^!Set %Data%=^$GetSelection$

                    :Find
                    ^!Find "^%Data%" ISC
                    ^!IfError DoNext
                    ;^!Jump +1
                    ^!DeleteLine
                    ^!Append %Save%=^%Data%^%nl%
                    ^!Inc %Row%
                    ^!Jump ^%Row%
                    ^!If "^$GetRow$" = "^$GetLineCount$" Info
                    ^!GoTo Start

                    :DoNext
                    ^!Jump +1
                    ^!GoTo Start

                    :Info

                    :EndBreak
                    ^!IfTrue ^$GetRow$ End
                    ^!If ^$IsEmpty(^$GetLine$)$ = 0 InsEnd
                    ^!Replace "^p" >> "" SB
                    ^!Goto EndBreak

                    :InsEnd
                    ^!InsertText ^p
                    ^!Jump 1

                    ^!Info [L]^%Save%

                    c ya,
                    Jody Adair
                    Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                    http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

                  • Kay Roath
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 2 9:25 PM
                      2/2/1999 7:31 PM News2You Copy Writing wrote

                      > Jody, THANKS, it works like a charm. Now, this may be beyond simple clips,
                      > but is it possible to get NoteTab to DELETE the dups leaving one of the
                      > duplicated addresses?

                      View Menu - Options - Tools - Sort Removes Duplicates
                      (checked) if you don't mind having the email addresses
                      sorted.

                      --- Grandma Kay ---
                      Introduction to NoteTab 4,5 Clip Programming
                      http://notetab.kay.net

                    • News2You Copy Writing
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 2 10:14 PM
                        Grandma Kay,

                        I looked for and found this option, checked it, clicked ok, closed and
                        rebooted the program, made sure it was still checked, and tried it. Sort it
                        did, remove dupes it did not which is really to bad since having this as one
                        function would be great. Any ideas why it did not work?

                        Ev

                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 2 10:39 PM
                          Hi Ev,

                          >Sort it did, remove dupes it did not which is really to bad
                          >since having this as one function would be great. Any ideas
                          >why it did not work?

                          You should just be able to select all 0r just what you want
                          sorted and do it. If you are in 4.52 it should work. Do take
                          a close look at your file though. Select All and scroll up
                          and down looking to make sure there are not spaces behind some
                          of them. Sometime that is common in eMail files, or at least
                          the ones that drove me nuts for awhile when I was sorting them.

                          c ya,
                          Jody Adair
                          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                          http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

                        • Claes Gauffin
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 2 11:14 PM
                            At 01:14 1999-02-03 -0500, you wrote:

                            >I looked for and found this option, checked it, clicked ok, closed and
                            >rebooted the program, made sure it was still checked, and tried it. Sort it
                            >did, remove dupes it did not which is really to bad since having this as one
                            >function would be great. Any ideas why it did not work?

                            I had that problem. Nowadays I always _first_ do a Modify/Lines/Trim blanks,
                            _then_ a Modify/Lines/Sort. Keeps me happier:)

                            /Claes

                          • Kay Roath
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 3 12:51 AM
                              2/3/1999 12:14 AM News2You Copy Writing wrote

                              > I looked for and found this option, checked it, clicked ok, closed and
                              > rebooted the program......<snip>

                              You don't need to restart NoteTab after making changes in
                              Options :) The advice from others about spaces should solve
                              your dup not deleted problem but you might also want to
                              make sure that Case Sensitive Sorting (Tools tab in Options)
                              isn't checked.

                              Sorting will work on selected text only or all text if
                              nothing is selected.

                            • h.paulissen@facburfdcw.unimaas.nl
                              Message 14 of 17 , May 13, 2002
                                Hi Julie,

                                > blahblahblah=http://link1.com
                                > blah=http://link2.com
                                > thisisnumber3=http://link3.com
                                > etc.
                                >
                                > How can I quickly get rid of everything from the beginning of
                                > the line
                                > until the http so I just have a list of the links? I'm
                                > assuming this can be
                                > done with regular expressions?>

                                Right!

                                Check Regular Exp. in the Replace Diaolog Box.

                                Search for ".*{http}" (without the quotes)

                                Replace with "\1" (ditto, \1 stands for the pattern between {})

                                TIP:

                                You can go to the start of the document by doubleclicking in a non-active
                                area of the Replace Diaolog Box.

                                Hugo
                              • Alec Burgess
                                Message 15 of 17 , May 13, 2002
                                  Hugo.
                                  > TIP:
                                  >
                                  > You can go to the start of the document by
                                  doubleclicking
                                  > in a non-active area of the Replace Diaolog Box.

                                  Neat trick, thanks! (If not using Regexp and search
                                  direction is UP it looks like you can get to the bottom
                                  in the same way). Eric is SOOOO brilliant.

                                  Regards ... Alec