[NTB] Re: Perl usage

  • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 1, 1999
      On Mon, 01 Feb 1999 11:38:45 -0800, you wrote:

      >I am a new user to notetab. I would like to use it as a "visual"
      >development for testing my perl scripts. Does anyone have any
      >techniques that they are currently using that they would like to share.
      >I to be able to do more than the sample that came in the sample.clb.

      Download NoteAwk from my web page. It has a clip for testing
      Perl scripts.

      My NEW email address is:
      Wayne@...

      My NEW web page address is:
      http://landru.myhome.net/wayne/

      My NoteTab page is at:
      http://landru.myhome.net/wayne/notetab.html

    • James Fisher
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 1, 1999
        I am a new user to notetab. I would like to use it as a "visual"
        development for testing my perl scripts. Does anyone have any
        techniques that they are currently using that they would like to share.
        I to be able to do more than the sample that came in the sample.clb.

        TIA,
        James Fisher

      • David Seidman
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 1, 1999
          At 06:08 PM 2/1/1999 GMT, Wayne VanWeerthuizen wrote:

          >>I am a new user to notetab. I would like to use it as a "visual"
          >>development for testing my perl scripts. Does anyone have any
          >>techniques that they are currently using that they would like to share.
          >>I to be able to do more than the sample that came in the sample.clb.
          >>

          >Download NoteAwk from my web page. It has a clip for testing
          >Perl scripts.

          While I would recommend downloading NoteAwk, if I understand which clip
          Wayne is talking about (the one which runs a perl script, I assume), it
          isn't quite what I would want for testing purposes. I'd like to be able to
          use the -c (or -cw) command line switch in running perl, so as just to test
          syntax without actually executing the script. I haven't figured out how to
          do that with ^!RunPerl. When I tried just running perl from a clip the way
          you would run any other program, I couldn't get the output (which would
          normally go to standard error) to display (I tried to get the standard
          error file displayed, but I couldn't get that to work). Finally, I created
          a batch file and an associated pif, so that I run the perl script in a DOS
          window which stays open to display the output -- I have to close it
          manually. The key line in the clip is:

          ^!Perlc.bat.pif "^**"

          and the batch file looks like this:

          perl -c %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7

          although only the %1 should be necessary for the particular clip.

          This more or less works, but it is not ideal. It would be nice if somebody
          more familiar with the clip language than I am would do this right.

        • Larry Thomas
          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 1, 1999
            Hi David,

            At 11:45 PM 2/1/99 -0500, you wrote:
            >At 06:08 PM 2/1/1999 GMT, Wayne VanWeerthuizen wrote:
            >>
            >>>I am a new user to notetab. I would like to use it as a "visual"
            >>>development for testing my perl scripts. Does anyone have any
            >>>techniques that they are currently using that they would like to share.
            >>>I to be able to do more than the sample that came in the sample.clb.
            >>>

            >>Download NoteAwk from my web page. It has a clip for testing
            >>Perl scripts.
            >>

            >While I would recommend downloading NoteAwk, if I understand which clip
            >Wayne is talking about (the one which runs a perl script, I assume), it
            >isn't quite what I would want for testing purposes. I'd like to be able to
            >use the -c (or -cw) command line switch in running perl, so as just to test
            >syntax without actually executing the script. I haven't figured out how to
            >do that with ^!RunPerl. When I tried just running perl from a clip the way
            >you would run any other program, I couldn't get the output (which would
            >normally go to standard error) to display (I tried to get the standard
            >error file displayed, but I couldn't get that to work). Finally, I created
            >a batch file and an associated pif, so that I run the perl script in a DOS
            >window which stays open to display the output -- I have to close it
            >manually. The key line in the clip is:
            >
            >^!Perlc.bat.pif "^**"
            >
            >and the batch file looks like this:
            >
            >perl -c %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7
            >
            >although only the %1 should be necessary for the particular clip.
            >
            >This more or less works, but it is not ideal. It would be nice if somebody
            >more familiar with the clip language than I am would do this right.

            You can get the DOS window to close automatically by making your clip with
            the ^!DOS command as in:

            ^!DOS Perlc.bat.pif "^**"

            You do want the dos window to stay open long enough to read the error
            messages if any though so you need to alter the batch file from:

            perl -c %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7

            to:

            perl -c %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7
            pause

            This will pause your error window and also give you the message "Press any
            key to continue . . .

            Pressing a key will close the window. You can also change the batch file to:

            perl -c %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7
            Sleep 10

            Which will close the window after a 10 second pause. If your error message
            requires more or less time change the number 10 to suit your needs.

            Regards,

            Larry Thomas
            larryt@...

          • Larry Thomas
            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 2, 1999
              Hi David and All,

              I want to correct a mistake that I made in a previous post yesterday. I
              tested the following command in a batch file and when it worked for me I
              posted it to the list in response to David Seidman's post.

              Sleep 10

              The problem here is that there is no sleep command in MS-DOS neither as a
              part of command.com internally, as a batch command, or as an external
              command. Yet it worked for me. After I sent the post, I realized that I
              had mistakenly remembered a Qbasic command as a batch file command but I
              could not explain how it worked anyway. Then I remembered that batch files
              can launch other third-party programs just as NoteTab Pro can and I did a
              search and found a file called "sleep.exe". It turns out that it is a Unix
              to DOS ported command that I downloaded on 1-15-99 from
              http://www.itibe.net/virtunix/ from a post by Nicole Simon. Sorry for the
              confusion.

              Regards,

              Larry Thomas
              larryt@...

            • David Seidman
              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 2, 1999
                At 11:58 PM 2/1/1999 -0600, Larry Thomas wrote:
                >You can get the DOS window to close automatically by making your clip with
                >the ^!DOS command as in:
                >
                >^!DOS Perlc.bat.pif "^**"
                >

                >You do want the dos window to stay open long enough to read the error
                >messages if any though so you need to alter the batch file from:
                >
                >perl -c %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7
                >
                >to:
                >
                >perl -c %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7
                >pause
                >
                >This will pause your error window and also give you the message "Press any
                >key to continue . . .
                >
                >Pressing a key will close the window. You can also change the batch file to:
                >
                >perl -c %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7
                >Sleep 10
                >
                >Which will close the window after a 10 second pause. If your error message
                >requires more or less time change the number 10 to suit your needs.

                Looks to me like your pause suggestion would work just fine (you've already
                written about the problem with Sleep 10). But I don't need it, because I
                use the properties of the shortcut to the batch file to keep the window
                open after the program terminates.

                Neither your approach nor mine, of course, does what I want, which is to
                have the errors reported in a new document in NoteTab, which requires, I
                think, capturing standard error to a file and then reading in the file.

              • Kay Roath
                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 2, 1999
                  2/2/1999 9:57 PM David Seidman wrote

                  > Neither your approach nor mine, of course, does what I want, which is to
                  > have the errors reported in a new document in NoteTab, which requires, I
                  > think, capturing standard error to a file and then reading in the file.

                  Have you tried -
                  ^!SetStdErrorName FileName
                  before your call to Perl?

                  --- Grandma Kay ---
                  Introduction to NoteTab 4,5 Clip Programming
                  http://notetab.kay.net

                • Larry Thomas
                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 2, 1999
                    Hi David,

                    At 10:57 PM 2/2/99 -0500, you wrote:

                    >Neither your approach nor mine, of course, does what I want, which is to
                    >have the errors reported in a new document in NoteTab, which requires, I
                    >think, capturing standard error to a file and then reading in the file.

                    You can use NoteTab to create your batch file "on the fly" using the
                    following command:

                    ^!TextToFile "FileName" AnyText

                    Creates a disk file containing the specified text. If a file with such a
                    name already exists on disk, it will be replaced by the new file.

                    And then use the following command to execute it and get the standard error
                    message for you in NoteTab.

                    ^$GetOutput("Command")$

                    Returns the console's output. "Command" represents the command to execute.
                    The stderr stream is saved in file called "StdError.err" in NoteTab's
                    application directory unless another file is specified with the
                    SetStdErrorName command. This command is only available in the commercial
                    and trial versions of NoteTab.

                    Example:
                    ^$GetOutput(command.com /c dir c:\*.*)$

                    I have never used Perl but you could possibly write a clip to do this as
                    follows:

                    ^!TextToFile "C:\PERL\perlc.bat" Perl -c "^##"
                    ^!Set %Stdout%=^$GetOutput("C:\PERL\perlc.bat")$
                    ^!Toolbar New Document
                    ^%Stdout%
                    ^!Open ^$GetAppPath$StdError.err

                    Note: I used ^## instead of ^** so that the clip will pass the current
                    document to the batch file whether it is saved or not. If you do not do
                    this and you forget to save a file you have edited, it will give you an
                    error message or use the previous file of the name given in the tab.

                    Regards,

                    Larry Thomas
                    larryt@...

                  • Larry Thomas
                    Message 9 of 21 , Feb 3, 1999
                      Hi All,

                      I have a problem with capturing The stderr stream to a file using the
                      NoteTab ^$GetOutput("Command")$ and ^$GetDosOutput("Command")$ commands.
                      The help file says that for both commands "The stderr stream is saved in
                      file called "StdError.err" in NoteTab's application directory unless
                      another file is specified with the SetStdErrorName command". I have run
                      several DOS commands and batch files using these two commands and
                      deliberately caused errors so as to generate the stderr stream. These
                      show up as messages in a DOS window but the functions used do not produce
                      the StdError.err file that the help file states will be created.

                      Late last summer/early last fall, before version 4.50 was released, Eric
                      was having problems with getting this to work on both Windows 95 and
                      Windows NT. It was not working on NT from what I could read on the list.
                      When Eric finally fixed it and released 4.50, it seemed that everybody was
                      getting it to work ok. I had no ideas going at the time and I did not test
                      it on my computer so I don't know if it worked then or not.

                      Since it was working on Win95 but not WinNT before Eric fixed it, I wonder
                      if there is a problem with getting it to work on Win98 (I upgraded in
                      October). I would appreciate hearing from Win95 and Win98 users as to
                      whether this function is working or not for them to see if this is a bug to
                      fix for Win98 or if it is just something that I am doing wrong. If anyone
                      has ideas about something I am doing that could fix this I would like to
                      hear from you too. Any help is appreciated.

                      Regards,

                      Larry Thomas
                      larryt@...

                      Message 10 of 21 , Feb 3, 1999
                        Hi Larry,

                        >I have a problem with capturing The stderr stream to a file
                        >using the NoteTab ^$GetOutput("Command")$ and
                        >^$GetDosOutput("Command")$ commands. The help file says that
                        >for both commands "The stderr stream is saved in file called
                        >"StdError.err" in NoteTab's application directory unless
                        >another file is specified with the SetStdErrorName command".
                        >I have run several DOS commands and batch files using these
                        >two commands and deliberately caused errors so as to
                        >generate the stderr stream. These show up as messages in a
                        >DOS window but the functions used do not produce the
                        >StdError.err file that the help file states will be created.

                        I never have seen that file. Try putting ^$GetOutput("Command")$
                        into an info box if you want to see the about or have it print
                        into a file.

                        c ya,
                        Jody Adair
                        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                        http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

                      • Larry Thomas
                        Message 11 of 21 , Feb 3, 1999
                          Hi All,

                          I think that I need to explain this better. First I create a file I call
                          Test.bat in the NoteTab directory and I will have it open in NoteTab and
                          edit it for each test and run it with ^!DOS and then with ^$GetOutput$.

                          =========================
                          The DOS clip:

                          ^!DOS "^$GetAppPath$test.bat"

                          The ^$GetOutput$ clip:

                          ^!DeleteFile ^$GetAppPath$StdError.err
                          ^!Toolbar New Document
                          ^$GetOutput("^$GetAppPath$test.bat")$
                          ^!IfFileExist "^$GetAppPath$StdError.err" Next ELSE Exit
                          ^!Open ^$GetAppPath$StdError.err
                          =========================

                          First test - batch file is:

                          @dir

                          Under both clips there is no error and I get the same directory listing to
                          the DOS window with the DOS clip and to a new document with the
                          ^$GetOutput$ clip. The StdError.err file is not created and not opened for
                          display which is correct as I understand this since there is no stderr
                          stream for it.

                          Second test - batch file is:

                          With the DOS clip:

                          @dir Noteblabla.exe
                          @pause

                          The message below appears in the DOS window:

                          Volume in drive C is WIN98-OEM
                          Volume Serial Number is D16F-D331
                          Directory of C:\PROGRAM FILES\NoteTab Pro

                          File not found

                          2,676,518,912 bytes free

                          With the ^$GetOutput$ clip:

                          @dir Noteblabla.exe

                          I get a new document Noname.txt that contains:

                          Volume in drive C is WIN98-OEM
                          Volume Serial Number is D16F-D331
                          Directory of C:\PROGRAM FILES\NoteTab Pro

                          2,676,518,912 bytes free

                          The StdError.err file is not created and not opened for display which is
                          not correct in this case. The message " File not found" is a stderr stream
                          message. It does not appear in the Noname.txt output file. A file called
                          "StdError.err" should be created and opened and contain this message as
                          captured by NoteTab from the stderr stream and it is not.

                          Does this help explain what I am talking about?

                          Regards,

                          Larry Thomas
                          larryt@...

                        • David Seidman
                          Message 12 of 21 , Feb 3, 1999
                            At 07:34 AM 2/3/1999 -0600, Larry Thomas wrote:
                            >I have a problem with capturing The stderr stream to a file using the
                            >NoteTab ^$GetOutput("Command")$ and ^$GetDosOutput("Command")$ commands.
                            >The help file says that for both commands "The stderr stream is saved in
                            >file called "StdError.err" in NoteTab's application directory unless
                            >another file is specified with the SetStdErrorName command". I have run
                            >several DOS commands and batch files using these two commands and
                            >deliberately caused errors so as to generate the stderr stream. These
                            >show up as messages in a DOS window but the functions used do not produce
                            >the StdError.err file that the help file states will be created.

                            That corresponds to my experience in Win95.

                          • David Seidman
                            Message 13 of 21 , Feb 3, 1999
                              At 11:33 PM 2/2/1999 -0600, Kay Roath wrote:
                              >Have you tried -
                              >^!SetStdErrorName FileName
                              >before your call to Perl?

                              Been there, done that, no satisfaction. Possibly with errors, I've tried
                              lots of variations. Nothing seems to work. I think Larry Thomas may have
                              the explanation -- the feature does not work. Maybe it does work (and my
                              memory is that it worked at least once with either the ^!RunPerl or
                              ^!RunGawk command), but you think either Larry or I would have managed to
                              get it to work. I suspect a bug.

                            • David Seidman
                              Message 14 of 21 , Feb 3, 1999
                                At 01:25 AM 2/3/1999 -0600, Larry Thomas wrote:
                                >You can use NoteTab to create your batch file "on the fly" using the
                                >following command:

                                Well, that's neat, but I'm just as happy with a regular batch file created
                                once and left on disk.

                                >And then use the following command to execute it and get the standard error
                                >message for you in NoteTab.

                                And as you know by now, this is the step that causes the problem.

                                >Note: I used ^## instead of ^** so that the clip will pass the current
                                >document to the batch file whether it is saved or not. If you do not do
                                >this and you forget to save a file you have edited, it will give you an
                                >error message or use the previous file of the name given in the tab.

                                You may be right here, but if you are, the Help file would appear to be
                                wrong. Here is what the help file says:
                                -----------------------
                                If you want to open the current document in another application, use the
                                three-letter code ^** to indicate where the document name should be
                                inserted in the command line. For example, if you want to open the current
                                document in MS-Write, you would use the following command:

                                ^!write.exe ^**

                                To specify a document name without its extension, use the following
                                two-letter code instead: ^*

                                Documents that have not been saved are stored in a temporary file when this
                                type of command is used. The temporary file is then substituted for the
                                document name. If you do not want NoteTab to create a temporary file in
                                this case, then substitute the asterisk character "*" with a "#". For example:

                                ^!write.exe ^##

                                You can also specify additional parameters that your application
                                recognizes. Here is an example that will do a syntax check on a Perl script
                                (assuming it is the current document in the editor):

                                ^!perl -c ^**

                                --------------------------------

                                The wording suggests to me that things will work fine with ^**, and that
                                has been my experience, although I haven't tested all possibilities.

                              • Larry Thomas
                                Message 15 of 21 , Feb 3, 1999
                                  Hi David,

                                  At 09:54 PM 2/3/99 -0500, you wrote:
                                  >At 01:25 AM 2/3/1999 -0600, Larry Thomas wrote:
                                  >
                                  >>Note: I used ^## instead of ^** so that the clip will pass the current
                                  >>document to the batch file whether it is saved or not. If you do not do
                                  >>this and you forget to save a file you have edited, it will give you an
                                  >>error message or use the previous file of the name given in the tab.
                                  >>

                                  >You may be right here, but if you are, the Help file would appear to be
                                  >wrong.

                                  Ok, I goofed. I had a problem with this earlier last year and the memory
                                  confused me. I should have looked it up before changing it or commenting
                                  on it.

                                  Mea culpa, culpa maxima,

                                  Regards,

                                  Larry Thomas
                                  larryt@...

                                • Kay Roath
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Feb 3, 1999
                                    2/3/1999 8:53 PM David Seidman wrote

                                    > At 11:33 PM 2/2/1999 -0600, Kay Roath wrote:
                                    >>Have you tried -
                                    >>^!SetStdErrorName FileName
                                    >>before your call to Perl?

                                    > Been there, done that, no satisfaction. <snip> I suspect
                                    > a bug.

                                    Well, Shoot. I've been pretty DOSless until recently but am
                                    now compiling clipper programs under Win98 using:

                                    ^!ChangeDir c:\AHL
                                    ^!Dos Blinker @AHLBILL >> Clipper.err
                                    ^!Wait
                                    ^!Open c:\AHL\Clipper.err

                                    That works fine but just tried it with SetStdErrorName
                                    instead & it didn't work. Using the code above, I'm getting
                                    a file that contains the results of the link whether good or
                                    bad. It's been very handy! Sorry I can't help with Perl -
                                    don't have it here so I check mine using TelNet on my web
                                    server :(

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Feb 4, 1999
                                      In case anyone is still interested in this thread, I report some progress
                                      here.

                                      There are DOS programs available for downloading that allow redirection of
                                      Standard Error. For example, Floyd Miller ReDir program combines Standard
                                      Output and Standard Error into one stream you can redirect. That allows a
                                      clip along the following lines:

                                      ^!SET %ERR%="e:\work\test.err"
                                      ^!DeleteFile "^%ERR%"
                                      ^!SET %SCRIPT%=^$GetShort("^**")$
                                      ^!redir perl -cw ^%SCRIPT% > ^%ERR%
                                      ^!IfFileExist "^%ERR%" Next ELSE End
                                      ^!Open ^%ERR%
                                      ^!GoTo End

                                      When I use this as a test platform for perl, my error messages get written
                                      to e:\work\test.err. However, the test for file existence shows up
                                      negative. If I comment out that test, when the next to last statement in
                                      the clip opens the file, it appears in NoteTab as blank, even though there
                                      really is something in the file which other programs can display. This
                                      seems to be a timing problem. If I put a 2 second delay before using the
                                      file, like this:

                                      ^!delay 20
                                      ^!IfFileExist "^%ERR%" Next ELSE End
                                      ^!Open ^%ERR%
                                      ^!GoTo End

                                      it all works. I believe it does not work with 1.5 seconds. It is kind of
                                      surprising how long 2 seconds can seem.

                                    • Nicole Simon
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Feb 5, 1999
                                        David Seidman wrote:
                                        > In case anyone is still interested in this thread, I report some progress
                                        > here.

                                        I am. :o) I have dospgp running and have problems with this topic.
                                        I have a special 'still to read / keep' folder where such messages are
                                        stored.

                                        Please don't be irritated if you don't have as much feedback as you expect.
                                        ;o)

                                        Nicole

                                        --
                                        Dust Puppy: »Well. It is a long story ...
                                        but every saga has a beginning.«

                                      • Larry Thomas
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Feb 5, 1999
                                          Hi David,

                                          At 11:23 PM 2/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
                                          >In case anyone is still interested in this thread, I report some progress
                                          >here.
                                          >
                                          >There are DOS programs available for downloading that allow redirection of
                                          >Standard Error. For example, Floyd Miller ReDir program combines Standard
                                          >Output and Standard Error into one stream you can redirect.

                                          It took some time but I finally found a site for downloading this program.
                                          I don't know how to tell you to download it though. When I tried with
                                          Netscape, I got a screen display full of garbage for the .com file and not
                                          a download at all. For the .doc file, MS Word 97 started up and displayed
                                          it rather than downloading it. I finally copied the URL's for each into my
                                          clipboard and used a shareware program that I have called Bullet Proof FTP
                                          which downloaded both files successfully. Now I will spend some time
                                          playing with them.

                                          Thanks David.

                                          The site is: LEO - Link Everything Online

                                          Redir.com URL is:

                                          http://www.leo.org/cgi-bin/leo-peek.pl/pub/comp/usenet/comp.binaries.ibm.pc/
                                          redir/redir.zoo?redir.com

                                          Redir.com URL is:

                                          http://www.leo.org/cgi-bin/leo-peek.pl/pub/comp/usenet/comp.binaries.ibm.pc/
                                          redir/redir.zoo?redir.doc

                                          Regards,

                                          Larry Thomas
                                          larryt@...

                                        • seidmad@yahoo.com
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Feb 5, 1999
                                            <3.0.32.19990205025836.006c302-@...> wrote:
                                            Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab/?start=3911

                                            > It took some time but I finally found a site for downloading this program.
                                            > I don't know how to tell you to download it though.

                                            Sorry. I should have mentioned where to get the program. I had gone to www.shareware.com, and searched for "redirect" in the DOS files. That produced a number of programs, several of which I downloaded. redir gave satisfactory results, so that was the one I mentioned. I list here the ftp sites www.shareware.com mentioned where you can get the program. (If for some reason you don't like urls to start "ftp://", you can also get a list of "http://" urls from the same place).

                                            ftp.arnes.si/software/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.bitcon.no/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.bu.edu/pub/mirrors/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.cdrom.com/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.crc.doc.ca/systems/ibmpc/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.cs.cuhk.hk/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.cyber-naut.com/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.cyf-kr.edu.pl/pub/mirror/Simtel.Net/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.digital.com/pub/micro/pc/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.direct.ca/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.epix.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.eunet.bg/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.eunet.cz/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.euro.net/d5/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.flashnet.it/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.funet.fi/mirrors/ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.gdl.iteso.mx/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.grolier.fr/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.hkstar.com/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.huji.ac.il/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.ibp.fr/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.iij.ad.jp/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.iis.com.br/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.iniaccess.net.au/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.iol.ie/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.ip.pt/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.is.co.za/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.jaring.my/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.lanet.lv/pub/mirror/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.lib.sonoma.edu/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.linkline.be/mirror/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.man.poznan.pl/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.mimos.my/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.mpi-sb.mpg.de/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.ncu.edu.tw/Packages/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.nectec.or.th/pub/mirrors/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.ntua.gr/pub/pc/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.nuri.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.nus.sg/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.orst.edu/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.ou.edu/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.pku.edu.cn/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.rediris.es/mirror/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.rge.com/pub/systems/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.riken.go.jp/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.rz.uni-wuerzburg.de/pub/pc/simtel/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.saitama-u.ac.jp/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.satlink.com/pub/mirrors/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.sogang.ac.kr/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.sorostm.ro/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.sun.ac.za/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.sunet.se/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.tas.gov.au/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.tornado.be/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.u-aizu.ac.jp/pub/PC/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.ua.pt/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.uakom.sk/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.uni-heidelberg.de/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.uni-magdeburg.de/pub/mirrors/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.uni-paderborn.de/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.uni-trier.de/pub/pc/mirrors/Simtel.net/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.unicamp.br/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.unina.it/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.univie.ac.at/mirror/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.web.ad.jp/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip
                                            ftp.zcu.cz/pub/simtelnet/msdos/sysutl/redir.zip

                                            There may actually be more.

                                          • seidmad@yahoo.com
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Feb 5, 1999
                                              <199902050843.jaa2209-@...> wrote:
                                              Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab/?start=3910

                                              > Please don't be irritated if you don't have as much feedback as you expect.
                                              > ;o)

                                              I hope I didn't sound irritated. I worry about the amount of feedback only when I post a query seeking help. I said what I did because I was afraid the topic had become highly specialized and not likely to be of interest to many people.