[NTB] Re: Wish: Option in replacebox

  • Nicole Simon
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 1999
      Nicole Simon wrote:
      > 8 x.clb

      this is my toybox for testing clips and part of clips - own and some from
      the list. so this goes:

      > for quick access - and I mean quick. I switch at least between 1,2,3,4,7,
      > 5,9 all day.]

      + 8 - and I have one new free place - I never use nr. 5! ;o))

      Nicole, who has a baaad monday if even this little can make her smile..

      --
      Dust Puppy: »Well. It is a long story ...
      but every saga has a beginning.«

    • Bob Janes
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 1999
        Hi Nicole,

        > > for quick access - and I mean quick. I switch at least between
        1,2,3,4,7,
        > > 5,9 all day.]
        >
        > + 8 - and I have one new free place - I never use nr. 5! ;o))

        I don't imagine that you'll want this, but seeing as you have slot 5 free
        here's a pair of little clips that do pretty much what you asked for.

        First, set this up on Alt+5

        = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

        H="_OnOpen"
        ^!Replace "^$GetSelection$" >> "^$GetClipBoard$" TWSA
        ^!LoadLibrary ^$GetValue("CurrentLibrary")$

        Second, add this near the beginning of the other libraries you use
        frequently

        H="_OnOpen"
        ^!SaveValue CurrentLibrary="^$GetLibraryName$"

        If you then do as you did before: copy the new text to the ClipBoard, select
        one instance of the text to be replaced and hit Alt+5 then all the instances
        will be replaced and you will be returned to the previous Library. I think
        it probably saves at least three keystrokes!

        It seems to check out, but no guarantees, I'm still finding my way around
        this stuff.

        Best wishes

        Bob

        --