[NTB] Re: Wish: Option in replacebox

  • Nicole Simon
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 1999
      Bob Janes wrote:
      > Doesn't the W option do just that??
      >
      > ^!Replace "xxx" >> "zzz" WS

      Could be - and, could you please tell me how to get this done in the
      replace dialogbox? :o)

      Nicole

      --
      Dust Puppy: »Well. It is a long story ...
      but every saga has a beginning.«

    • Bob Janes
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 1999
        Nicole,

        > Could be - and, could you please tell me how to get this done in the
        > replace dialogbox? :o)

        You're right, it's not on the Find and Replace dialogue from the Search
        menu. However, if you open the QuickList Clip Assistant (F6) the under
        Commands Document Processing the combo box option 'Replace text in document'
        will open up a Wizard (on my system it is very scrunched up and needs to be
        re-sized) with all the Options, Whole Document is two thirds of the way down
        the list. Or, perhaps more simply you could write your own Wizard until Eric
        revises his!

        Hope this helps

        Bob

      • Nicole Simon
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 1999
          Bob Janes wrote:
          > re-sized) with all the Options, Whole Document is two thirds of the way down
          > the list. Or, perhaps more simply you could write your own Wizard until Eric
          > revises his!

          Yes, I could. But it would not even be second best.
          You have to know that I'm an absolute keyboardmaniac - and ctrl-f tab
          ctrl-v alt-a is not that easy with a clip which is in a clipbook which is
          not always open. :o) [I have my most needed clbs defined as
          1 awk_f.clb
          2 awk_v.clb
          3 awk_s.clb
          4 Launch.clb
          5 uhn.+ scripter.clb
          6 pgp.clb
          7 Würfel.clb
          8 x.clb
          9 Dräger.clb
          9a Postie.clb
          9b Tbs.clb

          for quick access - and I mean quick. I switch at least between 1,2,3,4,7,
          5,9 all day.]

          Oh - did I say I want an option to make it default or not? :o)

          Nicole

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 1999
            Nicole Simon wrote:
            > 8 x.clb

            this is my toybox for testing clips and part of clips - own and some from
            the list. so this goes:

            > for quick access - and I mean quick. I switch at least between 1,2,3,4,7,
            > 5,9 all day.]

            + 8 - and I have one new free place - I never use nr. 5! ;o))

            Nicole, who has a baaad monday if even this little can make her smile..

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 1999
              Hi Nicole,

              > > for quick access - and I mean quick. I switch at least between
              1,2,3,4,7,
              > > 5,9 all day.]
              >
              > + 8 - and I have one new free place - I never use nr. 5! ;o))

              I don't imagine that you'll want this, but seeing as you have slot 5 free
              here's a pair of little clips that do pretty much what you asked for.

              First, set this up on Alt+5

              = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

              H="_OnOpen"
              ^!Replace "^$GetSelection$" >> "^$GetClipBoard$" TWSA
              ^!LoadLibrary ^$GetValue("CurrentLibrary")$

              Second, add this near the beginning of the other libraries you use
              frequently

              H="_OnOpen"
              ^!SaveValue CurrentLibrary="^$GetLibraryName$"

              If you then do as you did before: copy the new text to the ClipBoard, select
              one instance of the text to be replaced and hit Alt+5 then all the instances
              will be replaced and you will be returned to the previous Library. I think
              it probably saves at least three keystrokes!

              It seems to check out, but no guarantees, I'm still finding my way around
              this stuff.

              Best wishes

              Bob

              --