[NTB] Re: Wish: Option in replacebox

  • Bob Janes
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 1999
      Hi Nicole,

      > In the replace dialog I want a 'Replace all in current document'.
      > I do this kind of replace very often (several times a day) and it would be
      > a real timesaver.

      Doesn't the W option do just that??

      ^!Replace "xxx" >> "zzz" WS

      Bob

      --

      Bob Janes
      Webster & Janes Ltd

    • Nicole Simon
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 1999
        Bob Janes wrote:
        > Doesn't the W option do just that??
        >
        > ^!Replace "xxx" >> "zzz" WS

        Could be - and, could you please tell me how to get this done in the
        replace dialogbox? :o)

        Nicole

        --
        Dust Puppy: »Well. It is a long story ...
        but every saga has a beginning.«

      • Bob Janes
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 1999
          Nicole,

          > Could be - and, could you please tell me how to get this done in the
          > replace dialogbox? :o)

          You're right, it's not on the Find and Replace dialogue from the Search
          menu. However, if you open the QuickList Clip Assistant (F6) the under
          Commands Document Processing the combo box option 'Replace text in document'
          will open up a Wizard (on my system it is very scrunched up and needs to be
          re-sized) with all the Options, Whole Document is two thirds of the way down
          the list. Or, perhaps more simply you could write your own Wizard until Eric
          revises his!

          Hope this helps

          Bob

        • Nicole Simon
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 1999
            Bob Janes wrote:
            > re-sized) with all the Options, Whole Document is two thirds of the way down
            > the list. Or, perhaps more simply you could write your own Wizard until Eric
            > revises his!

            Yes, I could. But it would not even be second best.
            You have to know that I'm an absolute keyboardmaniac - and ctrl-f tab
            ctrl-v alt-a is not that easy with a clip which is in a clipbook which is
            not always open. :o) [I have my most needed clbs defined as
            1 awk_f.clb
            2 awk_v.clb
            3 awk_s.clb
            4 Launch.clb
            5 uhn.+ scripter.clb
            6 pgp.clb
            7 Würfel.clb
            8 x.clb
            9 Dräger.clb
            9a Postie.clb
            9b Tbs.clb

            for quick access - and I mean quick. I switch at least between 1,2,3,4,7,
            5,9 all day.]

            Oh - did I say I want an option to make it default or not? :o)

            Nicole

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 1999
              Nicole Simon wrote:
              > 8 x.clb

              this is my toybox for testing clips and part of clips - own and some from
              the list. so this goes:

              > for quick access - and I mean quick. I switch at least between 1,2,3,4,7,
              > 5,9 all day.]

              + 8 - and I have one new free place - I never use nr. 5! ;o))

              Nicole, who has a baaad monday if even this little can make her smile..

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 1, 1999
                Hi Nicole,

                > > for quick access - and I mean quick. I switch at least between
                1,2,3,4,7,
                > > 5,9 all day.]
                >
                > + 8 - and I have one new free place - I never use nr. 5! ;o))

                I don't imagine that you'll want this, but seeing as you have slot 5 free
                here's a pair of little clips that do pretty much what you asked for.

                First, set this up on Alt+5

                = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

                H="_OnOpen"
                ^!Replace "^$GetSelection$" >> "^$GetClipBoard$" TWSA
                ^!LoadLibrary ^$GetValue("CurrentLibrary")$

                Second, add this near the beginning of the other libraries you use
                frequently

                H="_OnOpen"
                ^!SaveValue CurrentLibrary="^$GetLibraryName$"

                If you then do as you did before: copy the new text to the ClipBoard, select
                one instance of the text to be replaced and hit Alt+5 then all the instances
                will be replaced and you will be returned to the previous Library. I think
                it probably saves at least three keystrokes!

                It seems to check out, but no guarantees, I'm still finding my way around
                this stuff.

                Best wishes

                Bob

                --