[NTB] Wish: Option in replacebox

  • Nicole Simon
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 1999
      Good morning, list.

      There is one feature I really miss:
      In the replace dialog I want a 'Replace all in current document'.

      We have
      - replace all from cursor to end
      - replace all from cursor to top
      - replace all in all documents

      But not the one above.

      I do this kind of replace very often (several times a day) and it would be
      a real timesaver.

      (btw, Eric, there is some space in the document property tab below 'wrap to
      column' for a 'sort removes duplicates' based on a document and not as an
      option in general.. *hinthint*)

      Nicole

      --
      Dust Puppy: »Well. It is a long story ...
      but every saga has a beginning.«

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 1999
        Hi Nicole,

        >- replace all in all documents
        >
        >But not the one above.

        If I am following you correctly Ni', after checking the "All
        Documents" double click in a blank area (perhaps nect to "Count
        Occurences") then
        click Replace All.

        If you don't do it, last time I checked, it will work just like
        in a single doc and only replace from the curror position in
        the focused and get all of them in the rest.

        c ya,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

        http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 1999
          Hi Nicole,

          I told you that you may have to double click in the focused doc
          when doing all documents. You do not have to. Just check "All
          Documents" and "Replace All" then at the nag screen asking you
          if you want to replace all occurrences in all documents which
          you just told it to do, press OK. It will replace all of them
          regardless of where the cursor is at. And of course there is
          the "G" option in ^!Replace so you can bypass the nag screen.

          >>- replace all in all documents
          >>
          >>But not the one above.

          Happy NoteTabbin',
          Jody Adair