[NTB] Re: Dear NoteTabbers...

  • Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 1999
      Brian Cho asked the NoteTab-Basic list:

      >>Sorry... I think I may just be lazy and taking your time, but I was
      >>wondering how to add numbers to rows with NoteTab. NoteTab Lite is my
      >>default text editor... Please tell me it has this feature built in!

      I could be wrong, but I do not think NoteTab does this itself. NoteTab
      Pro can show the line numbers, but they would not be part of the file
      itself. (Actually I am not sure if this is what you want.)

      If you want the number to be part of the file itself, use my clipbook
      called NoteAwk. It has over two dozen different tools in it. One
      of the tools is called "Search and Replace by Scope." It is special
      because it also includes a facility for numbering each replacement
      as it is made. The NoteAwk manual explains how this clip can be
      used to number lines. Another advantage is that the numbers can
      start at any point, and have any increment. So, for example,
      NoteAwk can number the lines 10000, 10025, 10050, 10075, etc.

      The more complicated task, that of RE-numbering the lines, can also
      be done using NoteAwk.

      One thing though. NoteAwk requires NoteTab Std., or NoteTab Pro.
      It will not work with the Freeware version, NoteTab Lite.

      NoteAwk was just updated to version 3.981, and is available at:

      http:\\www2.localaccess.com\waynemv\notetab.htm

      --
      Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
      ICQ: 15117288