[NTB] Re: Tabs in NTS?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 7, 1999
      Hi David,

      >Is there any way I can make the tab jump to a
      >specified column, as on an old typewriter, instead
      >of jumping a specified number of spaces from the
      >present position?

      I don't know of a way in options, but my guess
      is you have a library you use when you do your writing
      to aide you with it, so it can be done with clip(s).
      Remember Ctrl+Spacebar repeats clip.

      You might try these as well; just different
      ways of doing stuff. I think maybe the third one is
      what you are asking for, but a couple towards end may
      save you lots of "Note"Tabs <g> when writing large
      docs. you will need to adjust according to the style
      paragraph you use and what you are actually looking
      for.

      H=SetCursorTo...
      ^!SetWizardTitle Enter Column
      ^!SetCursor ^$GetRow$:^?{=}
      ^!FocusDoc

      H=Set2Col8
      ^!SetCursor ^$GetRow$:8
      ^!FocusDoc

      H=Jump1Set8
      ^!Jump Line_End
      ^!InsertText "^%nl% "

      H=InSelection1stLine5All
      ^!Replace "^p^p" >> "^p^p " HAS
      ^!IfError Next
      ^!Jump Select_Start

      H=FirstLine10All
      :Loop
      ^!Find "^p^p"
      ^!IfError Line1
      ^!Jump Select_End
      ^!InsertText ""
      ^!If "^$GetRow$" => "^$GetLineCount$" Loop
      :Line1
      ^!Jump 1

      H=IndentAll
      ^!Select All
      ^$StrFormat("^$GetSelection$");5;60;False$

      >Just for curiosity, how can one do this in NTP?

      Same way.

      Happy NoteTabbin',
      Jody Adair
      http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611/notetab/notetab.htm