[NTB] Find and Replace Questions...

  • Bill Scott
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 1999
      I have 6 files that are named the same .... chapter1 ..... chapter6.html

      old are being used .... I want to put the old ones in a directory ... in
      them is an applet ... that needs to be updated and replaced with the
      new applet ..
      which is in another directory .. the new file is the same name as the
      old ...
      but I have updated the way it is compressing some of the video .. I
      don't want to change all of the file names ... on my domain ...when I
      upload it .
      and I am arrrg .... afraid to mess them up so I always do it manually
      ... <G>
      MY QUESTION ... I know this can be done ... safely .. can someone give
      me a push ... not over the cliff please .... <G>

      remove old code

      <!--start cut here-->
      old code...
      <--end cut here-->

      replace with new

      <!--start copying here-->

      bunch of code ... from new file called chapter1 ....

      <--end copying here-->

      Cheers

      Bill

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 1999
        Hi Bill,

        >MY QUESTION ... I know this can be done ... safely ..
        >can someone give me a push ... not over the cliff please .... <G>

        This should get it for you. You will need to make the
        files match for the search criteria, but one done then
        they will always be like that. Just put the comments
        at the start and end of the applet in each file or change
        it to what you want NoteTab to search for. Please take
        the thread over to the advanced list if you need to
        discuss it or write me.

        H=Edit Applet
        ^!Toolbar New Document
        ^!InsertFile ^?[(T=O)Open doc to replace data in=D:\NTP\Documents\02.txt]
        ^!Open ^?[(T=O)Open doc to copy data from=D:\NTP\Documents\03.txt]

        ^!Jump 1
        :Start
        ^!Jump Select_End
        ^!Find "<!--start copying here-->" S
        ^!IfError End
        ^!Jump Select_Start
        ^!Set %Old%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
        ^!Find "<!--end copying here-->" S
        ^!Jump Select_End
        ^!SelectTo ^%Old%
        ^!ToolBar Copy

        ^!Document Prev

        ^!Jump 1
        ^!Find "<!--start copying here-->" S
        ^!IfError End
        ^!Jump Select_Start
        ^!Set %New%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
        ^!Find "<!--end copying here-->" S
        ^!Jump Select_End
        ^!SelectTo ^%New%
        ^!Skip Is the selected text what you want to replace? Press No to find again. Press Ctrl+Alt, and "No" to abort.
        ^!Goto Start
        ^!InsertText ^$GetClipBoard$
        ^!Set %NewDoc%=^?{(T=D)Enter save path of new doc, end in backslash=^$GetAppPath$}; %FileName%=^?{Enter new filename=}
        ^!Save:As ^%NewDoc%^%FileName%

        Happy NoteTabbin',
        Jody Adair
        http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611/notetab/notetab.htm