[NTB] NT, mouses and clocks

  • Len
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 1999
      Hi Bill;

      Thought I would offer some reassurance.

      At 05:03 AM 1/2/99 -0800, you wrote:
      > Hi All:
      >This is off the subject but for some reason sometimes when using notetab
      >my mouse gets extremely slow ...

      I've been having a similar problem, but I recently acquired
      an ergonomic keyboard with a touchpad so I am blaming that
      for the present time.

      I have been having some strange
      >problems with my clock not keeping the right time ... I changed the
      >battery
      >and now that seems to be stabler but from time to time it lose's time
      >then
      >when I reboot it gets better ... could my cpu be going bad ???

      My clock consistantly looses time and did so before I acquired
      NoteTab. I have no idea what circuitry provides the time count
      to the clock.

      I was hoping some of the computer gurus on the list would
      furnish some insights to your problems.

      Happy Holidays for one last day. Len

      Leonard O. Hargrove, Jr.
      Avionics Systems Engineer
      E-Mail: Len <mjlohj@...>

    • Carl Swann
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 1999
        Len wrote:

        > Hi Bill;
        >

        > My clock consistantly looses time and did so before I acquired
        > NoteTab. I have no idea what circuitry provides the time count
        > to the clock.
        >
        > I was hoping some of the computer gurus on the list would
        > furnish some insights to your problems.

        Neither a computer guru, nor particularly insightful... here's the
        download URL of a neat Freeware (small) program called Netdate. When
        run, it calibrates your PC's internal clock to the atomic clock run by
        the US Naval Observatory. I made a keyboard shortcut for it, and run
        it each time I log onto the Web. It runs quickly (6 sec or so) in the
        background, then closes itself up.
        If I can't solve your problem, maybe I can alleviate it ;-)

        ftp://ftp.eps.mcgill.ca/pub/Win95/ndate314.exe

        oOOo-(_)-oOOo