[NTB] Re: SPIN Personal Information Notetabs

  • Lester Callif
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 1998
      Ummmm, I downloaded it, but.... Where do I need to extract the files to ?
      Anything else that needs to be done to get it working ?

      Thanks,

      Lester F. Callif

    • Nicole Simon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 1999
        Steve Veltkamp wrote:
        >This is definitely a work in progress. I'm hoping the collective
        >wisdom of the list can help. Your comments and enhancements are
        >encouraged! This is no-nags shareware-contributions are
        >encouraged but there are no nag screens or crippling.

        ok, I've just made a search and replace on c:\notetab to my path through
        all your Spin.clbs. 113 replacements where made, this is at least 108 times
        to much -> use variables as filenames and you can take an easy installation
        with variables in the ini file. (you might have a look at my pgp
        setuproutine and it's use or wayne's noteawk).

        You use the documentdirectory, which I don't find very attractive - i hate
        such things. please provide a way for an own choosen directory (-> stored
        in a variable, saved in the inifile)

        Same with information about yourself like name, email adress etc., or
        location of postie (which is on another path in my system) mailserver and
        and and and.

        If you provide a 'setup'-block on top of each clb with all neede variables,
        one only need to change *this* on.

        and constructs like
        ^!Open DataStructure.txt

        are a nono.

        Sorry to say, but this is of no use for me because i would have to go
        through all clips to see, if there is any of these 'bugs'

        Nevertheless, parts may be worth learning of.
        Nicole

        --
        Dust Puppy: »Well. It is a long story ...
        but every saga has a beginning.«