[NTB] Re: IE Favorites and Notetab Clips

  • Raymond Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 1998
      Hi Jay,

      >I use IE4 and have Favorites (or Bookmarks) on at least two different
      >machines. I want to take those entries and convert them to a notetab file
      >to create the same Favorites on the other machine.

      I haven't used either yet, but MS provides favtool.exe, a small free app
      that exports IE favorites or imports Netscape bookmarks. I forget how/where
      I found it on the MS site.

      There's also a free FavToHtml Wizard at
      http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles/info.html?fcode=000HS
      I&b= that "creates a Web page from your Microsoft Internet Explorer
      Favorites list."

      Cheers,
      Ray Fitzgerald

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 28, 1998
        Hi Ray and Jay,

        >>I use IE4 and have Favorites (or Bookmarks) on at least two different
        >>machines. I want to take those entries and convert them to a notetab file to create the same Favorites on the other machine.
        >
        >I haven't used either yet, but MS provides favtool.exe, a small free app
        >There's also a free FavToHtml Wizard at
        >http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles/info.html?fcode=000HS
        >I&b= that "creates a Web page from your Microsoft Internet Explorer
        >Favorites list."

        Try selecting all your Favorites in Windows Explorer and drag/
        drop to floppy, then transport to your other machine.

        If you would like to have the links in NoteTab's Launch
        format get my NotePageMaker and look under "Extra Stuff."
        There are some clips there to format both NS and IE bookmarks
        into a clip library. To do IE favorites you will need to get
        a small free utility which will put the IE Favorites into one
        Html file:

        Moon Software
        http://www.moonsoftware.com

        Bookmark Wizard - bmwiz132.exe (308kb)
        http://www.moonsoftware.com/cgi-bin/download.exe?bmwizard

        NotePageMaker
        There was a b couple bugs fixed in it due to the latest
        upgrade in Documents to Otl (Html too) which are fixed and
        some more nicknacks added:

        http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611/notetab/library.htm
        http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611/notetab/npm.zip

        Happy NoteTabbin',
        Jody Adair
        http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611/notetab/notetab.htm

      • Glen King
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 1999
          Microsoft favtool.exe
          I had been looking for a tool like this for the last couple of weeks and I found
          it at the following site.
          http://www.winmag.com/win95/software.htm

          Thanks Glen King
          :-)