Re: [notetab] ADMIN: Invitations

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 1, 1998
      7/3/98 4:23 PM Cindy wrote

      >> At 01:55 AM 07/02/98 -0500, you wrote:
      >> >Is anyone else having trouble with multiple instances of the
      >> >NoteTab's even though Allow Multiple Instances is NOT checked?
      C> is this something on the USER end??
      C> Cindy (cas@...)
      C> Homepage: http://www.ctol.net/~cas
      C> ICQ#: 270504

      C> ----
      C> Read this list on the Web at http://www.makelist.com/list/notetab/
      C> --
      C> Start a FREE E-Mail List at http://www.makelist.com !

      It's because I'm running SNT & NTP beta - never noticed it before
      because I rarely used NTP. Guess now I'll switch to rarely
      using SNT though I did SO like drag & drop :) Happy to know what
      was causing it - it was starting to get to me. Never could
      figure out why sometimes it would do multiples & other times
      worked as I expected. At least now I know.

      --- Grandma Kay

      ----
    • Kay Roath
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 1, 1998
        7/3/98 4:33 PM Cindy wrote

        >> Is anyone else having trouble with multiple instances of the
        >> NoteTab's even though Allow Multiple Instances is NOT checked?
        >> I'm not sure when it started but it's been since the beta that I
        >> keep getting random multiples on SNT / NTP / NTPbeta. It's weird.
        >> (Win95)
        C> I have to be really tired, I didn't understand a thing you said.
        C> <GRIN> What has multiple instances, the list or notetab

        Whoops - miscommunication. Was getting the NoteTab programs
        loaded with each new file I was trying to read instead of each
        one in a tab in the same program. If I tried to send 3 files
        to NTP, I got a new NTP for each one. Nothing to do with the
        list.
        --- Grandma Kay

        ----
      • Jody Adair
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
          Hi Kay,

          >Is anyone else having trouble with multiple instances of the
          >NoteTab's even though Allow Multiple Instances is NOT checked?

          Have never seen one and I always keep it unchecked unless I am
          checking for something. Although, I do not launch files to open
          in NTB, sendto, etc. much either.

          BCNU L8TR G8TR
          Jody
          ICQ UIN# 6676919
          http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

          ----
        • Eric G.V. Fookes
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
            Hi Cindy,

            >If you're already receiving mail on this list, disregard the
            >INVITATION notice. <grin>
            >
            >Also, try posting to the list to make sure you CAN post. If you're on
            >the list, and we have an outstanding invitation, it might conflict.
            >I just want to check. If you can't post, email me at
            >cas@....

            Thank you so much for setting up this list! You're a great help to all of
            us :-)

            Best regards,
            Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
          • Eric G.V. Fookes
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
              Hi Kay,

              >Is anyone else having trouble with multiple instances of the
              >NoteTab's even though Allow Multiple Instances is NOT checked?
              >I'm not sure when it started but it's been since the beta that I
              >keep getting random multiples on SNT / NTP / NTPbeta. It's
              >weird. (Win95)

              The Multiple Instances feature won't work properly if you run both Super
              NoteTab and NoteTab Pro at the same time. They interfere with each others
              detection method since both applications belong to the same window class.

              Best regards,
              Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
            • R.S.
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                At 01:55 AM 07/02/98 -0500, you wrote:
                >Is anyone else having trouble with multiple instances of the
                >NoteTab's even though Allow Multiple Instances is NOT checked?

                Nope.

                Regards,

                RS

                ----
              • Carl Swann
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                  Cindy wrote:

                  >... try posting to the list to make sure you CAN post.

                  Here's my post!

                  oOOo-(_)-oOOo

                  ----
                • Kay Hayen
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                    Hello.

                    One thing I'd like to suggest. Could NoteTab read a file from the standard input?

                    like:

                    type bible.txt | grep -e "and the lord failed" | notepad

                    That would easy some things substantially. Currently this would
                    have to overcome with some ugly trick.

                    Greeetings, Kay

                    ----
                  • Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                      Kay Hayen wrote:

                      >One thing I'd like to suggest. Could NoteTab read a file from the
                      >standard input?
                      >
                      >like:
                      >
                      >type bible.txt | grep -e "and the lord failed" | notepad

                      By the way, NoteAwk will do what you want. To the best of my
                      knowledge, the "Find Lines" clip fully emulates the GNU grep utility,
                      including its regular expression syntax.

                      Load "bible.txt" into NoteTab, and use CTRL-A to select all the text.
                      Use NoteAwk's "Find Lines" clip setting SEARCH FOR to "and the lord
                      failed", and set LINES THAT to "MATCH". Choose whether you want
                      the output to replace the selected or to go into a new document.
                      Decide if the search should be case sensitive. Go hit okay.

                      --
                      Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen WayneMV@...
                      Homepage: http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv

                      Libertarians for Privacy RC5-64 Cracking Team
                      http://homepages.together.net/~hardy/VTLP/rc5.html

                      ----
                    • Len & Mary
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                        Hi Cindy;

                        Good work. Let me know if you don't receive this.

                        At 09:34 PM 7/1/98 +0000, you wrote:
                        >If you're already receiving mail on this list, disregard the
                        >INVITATION notice. <grin>
                        >
                        >Also, try posting to the list to make sure you CAN post. If you're on
                        >the list, and we have an outstanding invitation, it might conflict.
                        >I just want to check. If you can't post, email me at
                        >cas@....
                        >
                        >Thanks :)
                        >
                        >Cindy
                        >Cindy (cas@...)
                        >Homepage: http://www.ctol.net/~cas
                        >ICQ#: 270504
                        >

                        >----
                        >Read this list on the Web at http://www.makelist.com/list/notetab/
                        >--
                        >Start a FREE E-Mail List at http://www.makelist.com !

                        Len & Mary <mjlohj@...>

                        ----
                      • Kay Hayen
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                          Hi,

                          > >One thing I'd like to suggest. Could NoteTab read a file from the
                          > >standard input?
                          > >
                          > >like:
                          > >
                          > >type bible.txt | grep -e "and the lord failed" | notepad
                          >
                          > By the way, NoteAwk will do what you want. To the best of my
                          > knowledge, the "Find Lines" clip fully emulates the GNU grep utility,
                          > including its regular expression syntax.

                          I know. But it's just the false way round. Most often I will be in a
                          situation to do some testing with my commandline software.

                          genpatch test1 test2 test.utp

                          and they I'll note that I'd like to see some of it's debugging output
                          into greater detail and possibly want to apply a filter.

                          The example was just chosen for fun and bringing bad luck on me. Did not
                          work for today though, I had some good deals today. :-)

                          > Load "bible.txt" into NoteTab, and use CTRL-A to select all the text.
                          > Use NoteAwk's "Find Lines" clip setting SEARCH FOR to "and the lord
                          > failed", and set LINES THAT to "MATCH". Choose whether you want
                          > the output to replace the selected or to go into a new document.
                          > Decide if the search should be case sensitive. Go hit okay.

                          Your solution is quite good and I think I'll use it when I want to to several
                          analysis in series in the same output. Then it would be fast. But for a single
                          occasion when I'm on the commandline already the piping with grep will be the
                          faster way. But a good set of options you give! Must be recommeded for all more
                          intense research. :-)

                          Greetings, Kay

                          ----
                        • Cindy
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998

                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                              > Thank you so much for setting up this list! You're a great help to
                              > all of us :-)
                              >
                              > Best regards,
                              > Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>

                              It's no problem, honest!!!! I was having notetab list withdrawal
                              SEVERELY!!! I needed my fix. :)

                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998

                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                                  > Yep, does good now Cindy, thanks. Did you check on shortening up
                                  > [notetab] while you were there? With the "Re: [Notetab] ADMIN:" I
                                  > can just about right a whole subject line. :)

                                  with this particular list, the ony way i can change it is to start
                                  another list