[NTB] Question about sample.clb ... delimited text ... search fields

  • Bill Scott
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 1998
      Hi Thanks to Jody, Raymond and Patrick for responding...
      I downloaded the tutorial and read it .... whew ... my head is
      swollen...

      I found a clip that will find delimited text in a text file its default
      is <tab>
      the file I have is <comma> or <double qoutes> ?? it has an option SDF
      which uses <double qoutes> and a <semicoln> I tried fritzing with the
      file
      but it just keeps coming back with data.txt which I guess is the DEmo

      I must be running the program wrong or something .... could you help
      please.....

      the Following is the text I want to extract ... into a link I was
      capturing it with the capture link clip but this is a big file I did
      about a hundred and decided there must be a better way ...
      I want to extract "CONTINENTAL KENNEL CLUB - Breed Books Available
      through CKC","http://www.ckcusa.com/booklst.htm"
      To end up with

      Breed Books Available through CKC</A>

      This is the text file

      "CONTINENTAL KENNEL CLUB - Breed Books Available through
      CKC","http://www.ckcusa.com/booklst.htm","Breed books available through
      CKC are listed on this page and categorized by breed.",0,"Yahoo! (USA)"
      "American Rat Terrier Association","http://www.arta.net/","United Kennel

      Club (UKC) recognized. Rare dog breed club.",0,"Yahoo! (USA)"
      "World Kennel Club/Cliff
      Culp","http://www.worldkennelclub.com/","Founded by people interested in

      the welfare and breeding of ""PURE-BRED"" dogs. There are thousands of
      PURE-BRED dog owners participating in the WKC program today. The WORLD
      KENNEL CLUB registers PURE-BRED dogs and keeps records for your
      convenience.",76,"Magellan"
      "Kennel
      Clubs-International","http://www.dogdomain.com/kennelclubs.htm","KENNEL
      CLUBS - INTERNATIONAL: (See FCI also) Kennel Club de Chile Post your
      kennel Clubs here - (please contact us with details) American Kennel
      Club Austrian Kennel Club - Der Ă–sterreichische
      Kynologenverband",75,"Magellan"
      "Trap Falls Kennel Club","http://www.trapfalls.org/"," - All breed
      kennel club in Stratford CT offering training classes and breed
      referral. Quality links to dog related sites",77,"Excite"

      cheers

      Bill Scott

      "faithful are the wounds of a friend decietful are the kisses of an
      enemy"

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 1998
        Hi Bill,

        >but it just keeps coming back with data.txt which I guess is the DEmo
        >....I must be running the program wrong or something .... could you help
        >please.....

        That is a demo just to give you an example of what it does. You need
        to study the clip itself so see it better.

        >the Following is the text I want to extract ... into a link I was
        >capturing it with the capture link clip but this is a big file I did
        >about a hundred and decided there must be a better way ...
        >I want to extract "CONTINENTAL KENNEL CLUB - Breed Books Available
        >through CKC","http://www.ckcusa.com/booklst.htm"
        >To end up with

        >Breed Books Available through CKC</A>

        What is the final format you want?