[NTB] Re: Help with .ini

  • Bob Segrave
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 1998
      Oh - thanks.
      It certainly works ok at about 6kb!
      Regards Bob

      > I cannot find the source but I have read that Microsoft set up the system
      > registry to overcome a 64 K size limitation on .ini files. That
      > may be why
      > your NoteTab Std stopped updating the .ini when it reached 64 K because it
      > could not.

    • Bob Segrave
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 1998
        Thanks again
        As I mentioned from work, the new .ini file is working fine, and it will be
        no problem to set up new projects under the manager - although as far as I
        know I set up only about 10 to cover my various Web sites. They seem to have
        bred!
        Regards Bob

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 1998
          Hi Bob,

          >As I mentioned from work, the new .ini file is working fine,
          >and it will be no problem to set up new projects under the
          >manager - although as far as I know I set up only about 10 to
          >cover my various Web sites. They seem to have bred!

          Yes, they certainly were mutiplying like rabbits. :) However,
          there were no values in them. Just looking at the few I saw
          you sent my guess is that everytime you ran PM those blank
          entries were being made. Check your ini file again after awhile
          to see if more are being made. Perhaps you have a corrupted
          copy or it has a bug in it. Here is the link for ver. 2.22:

          http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv/notetab.htm
          NoteTab Project Manager 2.22
          http://othello.localaccess.com/waynemv/ProjMngr.zip

          >> LOL!!! Those are from Wayne's Project Manager. You have
          >> been busy making some projects, eh? :)

          FYI, I wasn't laughing at you or Wayne's PM, but the situation.
          I find things like that funny. I try no to take any of this
          stuff too serious, less I go mad. :-)

          c ya,
          Jody Adair
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23