[NTB] Re: Help with .ini

  • Lawrence R. Thomas
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 1998
      Try using:

      Clear INI file Clip values: ClearValues
      ^!ClearValues
      Deletes all Clip values stored in NoteTab INI file (or registry if so
      configured). Values are located under the [ClipValues] section.

      Alternatively, you can select View/Options and select the Advanced tab and
      place a check mark in the box labelled "Store Settings in Registry".

      Regards,

      Larry Thomas
      larryt@...
    • Bob Segrave
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 1998
        Oh - thanks.
        It certainly works ok at about 6kb!
        Regards Bob

        > I cannot find the source but I have read that Microsoft set up the system
        > registry to overcome a 64 K size limitation on .ini files. That
        > may be why
        > your NoteTab Std stopped updating the .ini when it reached 64 K because it
        > could not.

      • Bob Segrave
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 1998
          Thanks again
          As I mentioned from work, the new .ini file is working fine, and it will be
          no problem to set up new projects under the manager - although as far as I
          know I set up only about 10 to cover my various Web sites. They seem to have
          bred!
          Regards Bob

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 3, 1998
            Hi Bob,

            >As I mentioned from work, the new .ini file is working fine,
            >and it will be no problem to set up new projects under the
            >manager - although as far as I know I set up only about 10 to
            >cover my various Web sites. They seem to have bred!

            Yes, they certainly were mutiplying like rabbits. :) However,
            there were no values in them. Just looking at the few I saw
            you sent my guess is that everytime you ran PM those blank
            entries were being made. Check your ini file again after awhile
            to see if more are being made. Perhaps you have a corrupted
            copy or it has a bug in it. Here is the link for ver. 2.22:

            http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv/notetab.htm
            NoteTab Project Manager 2.22
            http://othello.localaccess.com/waynemv/ProjMngr.zip

            >> LOL!!! Those are from Wayne's Project Manager. You have
            >> been busy making some projects, eh? :)

            FYI, I wasn't laughing at you or Wayne's PM, but the situation.
            I find things like that funny. I try no to take any of this
            stuff too serious, less I go mad. :-)

            c ya,
            Jody Adair
            Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23