[NTB] Re: Help with .ini

  • Lawrence R. Thomas
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 1998
      At 04:20 PM 12/3/98 +1100, you wrote:
      >Hi Jody
      >Just checking the old .ini as I leave work, and found almost 500 of these:
      >
      >"WMV-PM.477.1=
      >WMV-PM.477=
      >WMV-PM.477.NUMFILES=
      >WMV-PM.477.1STWINDOW=
      >WMV-PM.477.2NDWINDOW="
      >
      >Regards
      >Bob

      Hi Bob,

      I cannot find the source but I have read that Microsoft set up the system
      registry to overcome a 64 K size limitation on .ini files. That may be why
      your NoteTab Std stopped updating the .ini when it reached 64 K because it
      could not.

      Regards,

      Larry Thomas
      larryt@...
    • Lawrence R. Thomas
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 1998
        Try using:

        Clear INI file Clip values: ClearValues
        ^!ClearValues
        Deletes all Clip values stored in NoteTab INI file (or registry if so
        configured). Values are located under the [ClipValues] section.

        Alternatively, you can select View/Options and select the Advanced tab and
        place a check mark in the box labelled "Store Settings in Registry".

        Regards,

        Larry Thomas
        larryt@...
      • Bob Segrave
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 1998
          Oh - thanks.
          It certainly works ok at about 6kb!
          Regards Bob

          > I cannot find the source but I have read that Microsoft set up the system
          > registry to overcome a 64 K size limitation on .ini files. That
          > may be why
          > your NoteTab Std stopped updating the .ini when it reached 64 K because it
          > could not.

        • Bob Segrave
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 3, 1998
            Thanks again
            As I mentioned from work, the new .ini file is working fine, and it will be
            no problem to set up new projects under the manager - although as far as I
            know I set up only about 10 to cover my various Web sites. They seem to have
            bred!
            Regards Bob

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 3, 1998
              Hi Bob,

              >As I mentioned from work, the new .ini file is working fine,
              >and it will be no problem to set up new projects under the
              >manager - although as far as I know I set up only about 10 to
              >cover my various Web sites. They seem to have bred!

              Yes, they certainly were mutiplying like rabbits. :) However,
              there were no values in them. Just looking at the few I saw
              you sent my guess is that everytime you ran PM those blank
              entries were being made. Check your ini file again after awhile
              to see if more are being made. Perhaps you have a corrupted
              copy or it has a bug in it. Here is the link for ver. 2.22:

              http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv/notetab.htm
              NoteTab Project Manager 2.22
              http://othello.localaccess.com/waynemv/ProjMngr.zip

              >> LOL!!! Those are from Wayne's Project Manager. You have
              >> been busy making some projects, eh? :)

              FYI, I wasn't laughing at you or Wayne's PM, but the situation.
              I find things like that funny. I try no to take any of this
              stuff too serious, less I go mad. :-)

              c ya,
              Jody Adair
              Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23