[NTB] Re: Using clips to launch javac.exe to compile .java files

  • MKT Song
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 1998
      Hi Larry and Sami,

      I have written the batch file and clip as you suggested. Here they are.

      The batch file:

      @echo off
      if exist %1.class del %1.class
      javac %1.java
      pause

      if exist %1.class goto run
      it not exist %1.class goto stop

      :run
      java %1
      pause

      :stop

      And here is the clip:

      ^!Set %JFullFilePathWithExt%="^**"
      ^!Set %FileNameWithExt%=^$StrDelete(^%JFullFilePathWithExt%;1;46)$
      ^!Set %FileNameSize%=^$StrSize(^%FileNameWithExt%)$
      ^!Set %DotIndex%=^$[^%FileNameSize% - 4;0]
      ^!Set %FileNameNoExt%=^$StrDelete(^%FileNameWithExt%;^%DotIndex%;5)$

      ^!CmdShow Normal
      ^!Prompt ^%FileNameNoExt%

      ^!Command.com /c jcr.bat ^%FileNameNoExt%

      I had to do a few things in the clip to get rid of the full path,
      otherwise, the batch file would only get part of the path (The path in
      %1 would be delimited by the first space character encountered).

      Though the clip and batch file works, there is a limitation. Using the
      current clip, I cannot pass command line arguments to my java program when
      I run it (through the "java" interpreter). How do I prompt for text fields
      from the user and then enter the contents of the text fields into
      variables when I run the clip.

      Your suggestions are very much welcomed. Many thanks.

      Regards,
      Terence
      MKT Song
      Centre for Communications Research