[NTB] NoteTab Solutions work on other programs

  • Lawrence R. Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 1998
      I am trying to install my favorite programs from my old setup to my new
      setup and I have run into problems several time. This time I have a
      program called TapeCalc which requires no more installation than to unzip
      the program and its DLL, EXE and other support files into the Windows
      directory and set up a short cut to them. I used my file synchronizer to
      just copy the files over from my old system including the Visual Basic
      VBRUN300.DLL required by the program. When I tried to run it, I received
      the error message "Invalid Property Values". I just could not think of
      what to do until just now. I was looking at the modules in the folder and
      I saw TAPECALC.INI and I remembered that NoteTab Pro can sometimes go
      bonkers if the INI file gets corrupted. The solution is to delete it. So
      I tried deleting TAPECALC.INI and it worked! Funny how you can benefit from
      the list on something that is not about the list :)

      Regards,

      Larry Thomas
      larryt@...