[NTB] Re: Running Batch Files.

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 1998
      Hi Larry,

      >@echo off
      >D:\NTP\DICTIO~1\WDWEB153\WWEB32.EXE
      >echo Your message here
      >pause

      Thanks, ya'll might get me liking some of Dos yet. :)

      c ya,
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

      http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611
    • Lawrence R. Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 1998
        Hi Jody.

        At 02:32 PM 12/1/98 -0600, you wrote:
        >Hi Larry,
        >
        >Thanks again.
        >
        >@echo off
        >cd \
        >dir /p
        >echo End of Batch File.
        >pause
        >
        >^!COMMAND.COM /C MyBatch.bat
        >
        >I came in on the PC stuff when windows 3.11 was released or
        >there about and haven't done a whole lot of Dos stuff. I
        >understand that I would put the lines above the NoteTab command
        >into "MyBatch.bat", but then what would I do with it? I see it
        >will run. Am I to put a path to a program in the .bat somewhere?
        >If so, where and what is the format?
        >
        >D: NTP\DICTIO~1\WDWEB153\WWEB32.EXE

        The format for the above would be:

        @echo off
        D:\NTP\DICTIO~1\WDWEB153\WWEB32.EXE
        echo Your message here
        pause

        That would execute WWEB32.EXE, place your message in the DOS window when it
        finished and keep the DOS window open until you can get a look at what you
        have in the window and then you press any key to close it.

        If WWEB32.EXE is a windows program, it would probably background the DOS
        window to the task bar in which case you can restore it for viewing by
        clicking its button. You can also have a batch file run a sequence of
        programs and pause between each one if you have a situation like that. You
        cannot redirect output from a batch file to another file in the manner of
        MyBatch.bat > MyFile.txt but you can redirect the output from inside the
        batch file in the fasion of:

        @echo off
        D:\NTP\DICTIO~1\WDWEB153\WWEB32.EXE > MyFile.txt
        echo Your message here
        pause

        which will create a file called MyFile.txt which contains the regular DOS
        screen dump from the execution of the program if there is any. It will not
        capture anything if the program does its thing in Windows and it will not
        capture standard error messages that are displayed on a DOS screen. Hope
        this helps.

        Regards,

        Larry Thomas
        larryt@...