[NTB] Re: Running Batch Files.

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 1998
      Hi Larry,

      Thanks again.

      @echo off
      cd \
      dir /p
      echo End of Batch File.
      pause

      ^!COMMAND.COM /C MyBatch.bat

      I came in on the PC stuff when windows 3.11 was released or
      there about and haven't done a whole lot of Dos stuff. I
      understand that I would put the lines above the NoteTab command
      into "MyBatch.bat", but then what would I do with it? I see it
      will run. Am I to put a path to a program in the .bat somewhere?
      If so, where and what is the format?

      D: NTP\DICTIO~1\WDWEB153\WWEB32.EXE

      Thanks!
      Jody

      http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611
      clean-funnies-subscribe@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 1998
        Hi Larry,

        >@echo off
        >D:\NTP\DICTIO~1\WDWEB153\WWEB32.EXE
        >echo Your message here
        >pause

        Thanks, ya'll might get me liking some of Dos yet. :)

        c ya,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

        http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611
      • Lawrence R. Thomas
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 1998
          Hi Jody.

          At 02:32 PM 12/1/98 -0600, you wrote:
          >Hi Larry,
          >
          >Thanks again.
          >
          >@echo off
          >cd \
          >dir /p
          >echo End of Batch File.
          >pause
          >
          >^!COMMAND.COM /C MyBatch.bat
          >
          >I came in on the PC stuff when windows 3.11 was released or
          >there about and haven't done a whole lot of Dos stuff. I
          >understand that I would put the lines above the NoteTab command
          >into "MyBatch.bat", but then what would I do with it? I see it
          >will run. Am I to put a path to a program in the .bat somewhere?
          >If so, where and what is the format?
          >
          >D: NTP\DICTIO~1\WDWEB153\WWEB32.EXE

          The format for the above would be:

          @echo off
          D:\NTP\DICTIO~1\WDWEB153\WWEB32.EXE
          echo Your message here
          pause

          That would execute WWEB32.EXE, place your message in the DOS window when it
          finished and keep the DOS window open until you can get a look at what you
          have in the window and then you press any key to close it.

          If WWEB32.EXE is a windows program, it would probably background the DOS
          window to the task bar in which case you can restore it for viewing by
          clicking its button. You can also have a batch file run a sequence of
          programs and pause between each one if you have a situation like that. You
          cannot redirect output from a batch file to another file in the manner of
          MyBatch.bat > MyFile.txt but you can redirect the output from inside the
          batch file in the fasion of:

          @echo off
          D:\NTP\DICTIO~1\WDWEB153\WWEB32.EXE > MyFile.txt
          echo Your message here
          pause

          which will create a file called MyFile.txt which contains the regular DOS
          screen dump from the execution of the program if there is any. It will not
          capture anything if the program does its thing in Windows and it will not
          capture standard error messages that are displayed on a DOS screen. Hope
          this helps.

          Regards,

          Larry Thomas
          larryt@...