[NTB] Re: Running Batch Files.

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 1998
      Hi Larry,

      Thanks again.

      @echo off
      cd \
      dir /p
      echo End of Batch File.
      pause

      ^!COMMAND.COM /C MyBatch.bat

      I came in on the PC stuff when windows 3.11 was released or
      there about and haven't done a whole lot of Dos stuff. I
      understand that I would put the lines above the NoteTab command
      into "MyBatch.bat", but then what would I do with it? I see it
      will run. Am I to put a path to a program in the .bat somewhere?
      If so, where and what is the format?

      D: NTP\DICTIO~1\WDWEB153\WWEB32.EXE

      Thanks!
      Jody

      http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611
      clean-funnies-subscribe@...
    • Lawrence R. Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 1998
        Hi Jody,

        Here is another idea. Use the pause and echo commands in your batch file
        to keep the window available until after you are done with it.

        Batch File Example:

        @echo off
        cd \
        dir /p
        echo End of Batch File.
        pause

        Then run from a clip as:

        ^!COMMAND.COM /C MyBatch.bat

        When this is run you will get a directory listing a page at a time.
        When the end is reached you will get the message:

        "End of Batch File."
        "Press any key to continue"

        When you press a key the DOS window will close.

        Regards,

        Larry Thomas
        larryt@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 1998
          Hi Larry,

          >@echo off
          >D:\NTP\DICTIO~1\WDWEB153\WWEB32.EXE
          >echo Your message here
          >pause

          Thanks, ya'll might get me liking some of Dos yet. :)

          c ya,
          Jody Adair
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 1998
            Hi Jody.

            At 02:32 PM 12/1/98 -0600, you wrote:
            >Hi Larry,
            >
            >Thanks again.
            >
            >@echo off
            >cd \
            >dir /p
            >echo End of Batch File.
            >pause
            >
            >^!COMMAND.COM /C MyBatch.bat
            >
            >I came in on the PC stuff when windows 3.11 was released or
            >there about and haven't done a whole lot of Dos stuff. I
            >understand that I would put the lines above the NoteTab command
            >into "MyBatch.bat", but then what would I do with it? I see it
            >will run. Am I to put a path to a program in the .bat somewhere?
            >If so, where and what is the format?
            >
            >D: NTP\DICTIO~1\WDWEB153\WWEB32.EXE

            The format for the above would be:

            @echo off
            D:\NTP\DICTIO~1\WDWEB153\WWEB32.EXE
            echo Your message here
            pause

            That would execute WWEB32.EXE, place your message in the DOS window when it
            finished and keep the DOS window open until you can get a look at what you
            have in the window and then you press any key to close it.

            If WWEB32.EXE is a windows program, it would probably background the DOS
            window to the task bar in which case you can restore it for viewing by
            clicking its button. You can also have a batch file run a sequence of
            programs and pause between each one if you have a situation like that. You
            cannot redirect output from a batch file to another file in the manner of
            MyBatch.bat > MyFile.txt but you can redirect the output from inside the
            batch file in the fasion of:

            @echo off
            D:\NTP\DICTIO~1\WDWEB153\WWEB32.EXE > MyFile.txt
            echo Your message here
            pause

            which will create a file called MyFile.txt which contains the regular DOS
            screen dump from the execution of the program if there is any. It will not
            capture anything if the program does its thing in Windows and it will not
            capture standard error messages that are displayed on a DOS screen. Hope
            this helps.

            Regards,

            Larry Thomas
            larryt@...