[NTB] New to this list!

  • Pamela & Dennis
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 1998
      Hi,

      NoteTab was highly recommended by some people on the MasterCook Chat
      list. I downloaded NoteTab Standard last week. So far I'm really liking
      it! I have version 4.51/uc, I kept a copy of the the application for it
      to a floppy.

      Can I now delete the application from my hard drive & should I get the
      new version 4.52?

      Thanks for your help,

      Pamela

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 1998
        Hi Pamela,

        Welcome to the list!

        >NoteTab was highly recommended

        Rightly so!-)

        >Can I now delete the application from my hard drive & should I
        >get the new version 4.52?

        *Do not* delete 4.51 until after you install 4.52, however it
        is not necessary to delete it at all.

        You will have the option to install 4.52 in a new directory or
        over 4.51. If installed over an older version, all your files
        will be preserved! You will be given an option to overwrite or
        keep any matching files on your drive.

        If you install it to a new folder and wish to remove 4.52 it
        can be done from the standard Windows Add/Remove or by double
        clicking remove.exe in your 4.51 folder provided you have not
        made any changes to the directory paths. Just delete the 4.51
        folder if you have changed paths.

        You may install the program directly from the floppy or if you
        prefer, drag the installation file off the floppy and onto your
        hard drive into a directory of choice. Double-click the
        installation icon or use your "Start/Run" button on the Windows
        Taskbar to run the installation program. Simply follow the
        instructions in the setup programs to complete installation.
        (A copy of the setup program will be extracted from the file
        you download from http://www.notetab.com/update.htm or the
        Swiss mirror site. You will know which one it is, because it is
        smaller and does not have "k" in it.)

        Happy NoteTabbin',
        Jody Adair
        http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611/notetab/notetab.htm
      • Julie Gleitsmann
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 25, 1998
          Hi Pamela,

          >NoteTab was highly recommended by some people on the MasterCook Chat
          >list. I downloaded NoteTab Standard last week. So far I'm really liking

          There are a couple MasterCook related clipbooks (formatting and one for
          Glen Hosey's Buster program, if you're using that) on the Repository for
          Clipbook Libraries page, if you haven't already found them:
          http://www.notetab.com/libraries.htm#Other

          They make editing a breeze! Course, I'm busting the MasterCook format into
          Meal-Master
          :-).

          Happy Thanksgiving!
          Julie

          "If you and I agree totally on everything, one of us
          is unnecessary." - James Dobson

          http://maranatha.net/jlg