[NTB] 4.52 final release?

  • djust@netvision.net.il
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 25 1:11 AM
      Is the final release of 4.52 out yet? Can't seem to find any
      references to it in my e-mail, but not seeing too many bug reports
      on the pre-release either.

      Thanks,
      David.
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 25 6:30 AM
        Hi David,

        >Is the final release of 4.52 out yet? Can't seem to find any
        >references to it in my e-mail, but not seeing too many bug reports
        >on the pre-release either.

        Goto http://www.notetab.con/update.htm

        Fookes Software is pleased to announce the availability of NoteTab
        (Pro/Std/Light) version 4.52. The free NoteTab Light and trial version of
        NoteTab Pro can be downloaded from the NoteTab homepage at:
        http://www.notetab.com/
        or
        http://www.notetab.ch/

        Registered users of NoteTab 4.x can upgrade to this new release by visiting
        the following page:
        http://www.notetab.com/update.htm
        or
        http://www.notetab.ch/update.htm
        We no longer use patches as a method for upgrading. Fookes Software has
        developed a special program that makes upgrading extremely easy and
        reliable. You'll find more information about it on the Update page.

        Major changes in v4.52 include...
        * Insert HTML links and images by way of the File Open dialog box. If text
        is highlighted when the command is chosen, the tags wrap around it.
        * NoteTab Pro: color of <!-- --> comment tags is now adjustable through the
        Options dialog box on the Colors tab.
        * NoteTab Pro: supports WordStar key mapping.
        * Disk Search now accepts regular expressions too.
        * NoteTab now checks that the size of a newly saved file matches the size
        of the text. The reason behind this feature is that some people saving to
        certain servers sometimes experienced a loss of data (truncated files).
        Although this is not caused by NoteTab, this extra checking may help the
        eventual loss of data by warning you when the problem is detected.
        * Clip Language Enhancements:
        + New default label Skip_xx (xx represents the number of Clip lines to skip)
        + 10 new commands
        + 10 new functions
        * Other minor changes.

        Main Bug Fixes:
        * Sorting lines with case sensitive option failed. Problem fixed.
        * Strip HTML tags now handles <!-- --> comment tags properly.
        * Long commands failed to launch correctly from Clips. Problem fixed.
        * NoteTab Std/Light: bracket matching did not work properly. Problem fixed.
        * Windows NT: searching/replacing certain single characters caused an error
        in "ntdll.dll". Problem fixed.
        * Windows 98: NoteTab would not come forward when an associated file was
        opened through Explorer or other file management programs. This is due to
        the fact that Microsoft has basically disabled the function that programs
        use to come to the front. NoteTab 4.52 uses a workaround to solve this problem.
        * Internet Explorer sometimes failed to open a file sent by NoteTab.
        Although the problem is due to a bug in IE, NoteTab 4.52 uses a workaround
        that fixes it.
        * Other minor bug fixes.

        Changes in earlier versions are listed on the following page:
        http://www.notetab.com/new.htm
        or
        http://www.notetab.ch/new.htm

        We hope you will enjoy this new version.

        Sincerely,

        Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
        Author of the award-winning NoteTab 4.5 text editors for Windows
        and the 1998 People's Choice Award