[NTB] Internet Assistant - Update 1.11a

  • R.S.
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 1998
      Internet Assistant - Update 1.11a

      This upgrade, besides other minor fixes, allows you to set the Delay time for all Internet Assistant messages in the first line of code. All you have to do is open the Clipbook (Ctrl+E) and change the value 7 to whatever you want --- then, Save it. The new value will be active immediately. [This is a quick fix. The release of the PowerTools suite will have a Wizard where you can fix this and other settings. It would be too pompous for such a small Clip to have a Wizard at this time; I think it's more direct to just open the Editor, for the time being.]

      (Special thanks to Jody Adair for his reports and commentaries!)

      Internet Assistant will allow you to browse the Web without
      having to leave your Browser in order to take notes.

      *** Notice: YOU MUST HAVE SHOW HEADERS ON ***
      *** for the Clipbook ***
      *** (Right-Click the Clipbook and ***
      *** make sure Show Headers is checked ***
      *** before running it!) ***
      *** [This won't probably be necessary in ***
      *** a future update ***

      Everything you copy is pasted into the Current Document in NoteTab, be it an Outline or a text document. There have been other Clips around that do the same. What's different here is that it creates a new entry, preceded by a line separator with a Date-Stamp, for every item you copy, and if the Document is an OTL, you will be prompted, instead, to type a Topic Title for the entry. URLs that you copy are always pasted as part of the last entry, or if you are in an OTL, inside the last Topic. You can enter as many URLs as you want, just remember they must go after the text that describes them.

      At every entry, the file is automatically saved, so you
      don't have to worry about loosing your notes in case of a computer failure.

      To use it, just double-click on the "Internet Assistant" Title and it'll be active, having its name changed to "OnClipboardChange".

      After you're done with your Browsing session, remember to turn it OFF. For that, all you need to do is to rescue NoteTab from the Windows TaskBar and click the Clip again so it will toggle back to its resting state, displaying the Title "Internet Assistant".

      [Caution: this Clip contains long lines which may be formatted by your email software. Be sure to delete any Hard Returns it may have added to the code.]

      ;************* Start Clip: ****************
      H="Internet Assistant"
      ; Internet Assistant v1.11a -- 11/24/1998 -- is
      ; © copyright 1998 by RS at rcsilv@...--
      ; All Rights Reserved --.
      ; Free for personal use in a single PC.
      ; This code is part of the upcoming release of
      ; PowerTools and is released to the NoteTab community as an
      ; advance, being Free for personal use in a single PC
      ; at home. If you intend to use it at work, either for
      ; profit or not, you should purchase a licensed
      ; version of PowerTools, which is expected
      ; to be available in the first quarter of 1999.

      ;SET DELAY FOR MESSAGES (10 = one second):
      ^!Set DecSeconds=7
      ^!If ^$StrCopy(^$GetAppTitle$;1;7)$="NoteTab" ToggleOFF
      ^!If ^%flgOnClipboard%=1 IsActive

      :ToggleON
      ^!Set CurrDoc=^$GetDocIndex$

      ^!Set i=0
      ^!set i2=^$GetDocCount$
      :loop
      ^!If ^%i%>^%i2% Next4
      ^!Inc i
      ^!If ^$StrPos("[Clips]";^$GetDocName(^%i%)$;true)$=0 Next3 Else Next
      ^!StatusShow Clipboard "Clipboard Capturing ON"
      ^!Delay ^%DecSeconds%
      ^!StatusClose
      ^!Set ClipbookOpen=1
      ^!Goto Next4

      :Next3
      ^!Goto loop

      :Next4
      ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+Shift+E Ctrl+Home
      ^!DeleteLine
      ^!InsertText "OnClipboardChange^%nl%"
      ^!If ^%ClipbookOpen%=1 Skip
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+Shift+E
      ^!Keyboard Shift+F4 Up Down
      ^!Set flgOnClipboard=1
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%CurrDoc%
      ^!SetScreenUpdate ON
      ^!Goto End

      :IsActive
      ^!Set CurrDoc=^$GetDocIndex$
      ^!IfFalse ^$IsUrl(^$GetClipboard$)$ Next2
      ^!InsertText ^p^$GetClipboard$^p
      ^!Goto End

      :Next2
      ^!Set Text=^$GetClipboard$
      ^!If ^$IsOutlineDoc$=0 Doc

      ^!JUMP:Text_Start
      ^!set x=^$GetLine$

      ^!AddHeading "^?{Title=^%x%}"

      ^!JUMP:Text_End

      ^!InsertText:^p
      ^!Keyboard:F5
      ^!InsertText:^p
      ^!Goto Next1

      :Doc
      ^!JUMP:Text_End
      ^!InsertText:^p
      //*************************************************
      ^!InsertText:^p
      ^!InsertText ^$GetDate(mm/dd/yy)$
      ^!InsertText:^p

      :Next1
      ^!Paste
      ^!Save
      ^!StatusShow "Pasted succesfully!"
      ^!Delay ^%DecSeconds%
      ^!StatusClose
      ^!Goto End

      :ToggleOFF
      ^!IfFalse ^%flgOnClipboard% ToggleON
      ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+Shift+E Ctrl+Home
      ^!DeleteLine
      ^!InsertText "Internet Assistant^%nl%"
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+S
      ^!IfTrue ^%ClipbookOpen% Skip
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+Shift+E
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%CurrDoc%
      ^!Keyboard Shift+F4 Up Down
      ^!SetScreenUpdate ON
      ^!ClearVariable flgOnClipboard
      ^!ClearVariable OldClipboardSize
      ^!ClearVariable ClipbookOpen
      ^!StatusShow Clipboard "Clipboard Capturing OFF"
      ^!Delay ^%DecSeconds%
      ^!StatusClose

      ^!Goto End

      :End
      ^!FocusDoc

      ;************** End Clip ****************

      Enjoy it!

      (See also my posting on Toggle Clips, where you can find a Component which encapsulates the technique used in this Clip to switch the Clip's state ON and OFF. - Requires to have Show Headers ON.)

      Regards,

      RS
    • R.S.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 26, 1998
          At first I couldn't work out what this clip did. Its simplicity defeated
          me. But many thanks to R.S. It's brilliant.
          Regards
          Dave

        • R.S.
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 28, 1998