[NTB] Re: [A] Browse Like a Pro

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 1998
      Hi R.S.,

      >When you are done with your pastings, you have to rescue NoteTab
      >from the TaskBar and click on the Clip again. That will shift it
      >back from "OnClipboardChange" to "Internet Assistant".

      That keeps pasting unwanted text into the doc:

      Internet Assistant & OnClipboardChange

      >It does save the Current Document every time you copy something.

      OK, for those that want it I suppose.

      >Well, after dinner I have to agree with you it didn't look
      >very professional. So here is Internet Assistant version 1.1
      >- which won't bring NoteTab to the front. Instead, it will
      >display a brief message to let you know it received the text.
      >Please, let me know if you like it better this way.

      Yes, that is much better. I'll stick with the sound though
      I think in mine - not as annoying. Might even just make it
      a couple of the swatches that are on Eric's site that sound
      like a camera shutter on the old 35mm. Better yet I'll just
      eventually get around to SaveValues and switch it around in
      a setup every couple weeks to/from statusshow, and different
      sounds. Where else, but NoteTab, eh?!?!?!

      Furthermore, here's an idea for you to get working on that
      I'll implement in mine as well and that is to save the
      OnClipBoardChange in SavedValues. Make a Setup that will
      change it so you/us/I can have sets of OnClipBoardChange's
      to easily option to depending on what we are doing. I grab
      links a lot putting them into H=Header ^!Url Format so I an
      simply copy all and add them to my links library that was
      started from a clip to convert my browser bookmarks into
      NoteTab's launch. It's in Note Page Maker now (for IE & NS).

      At other times I might want large amounts of text, or if the
      text exceeds nnn, then I don't want it, etc. The SaveIniValue
      is so quick it would be worthwhile doing I think.

      c ya,
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

      http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611