[NTB] Re: semicolons in clips

  • Lawrence R. Thomas
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 1998
      Hi Jody and Michael,

      At 03:36 PM 11/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
      >Hi Michael,
      >
      >>I am trying to create a clipbook that involvs semicolons(;) in
      >>some lines, but NoteTab treats those as commented lines. I was
      >>wondering if there was a way to get it to output a semicolon?
      >
      >I didn't try it, but I am certain that this will work:
      >
      >^!InsertText ;
      >
      >Später,
      >Jody

      This works:

      H="Semi Colons"
      ^!inserttext ;
      this is a ; test^%nl%

      Every time you click it, you get a new line:

      ;this is a ; test

      H="Semi Colons"
      this is a ; test
      [followed by a <cr> which you cannot see]

      Prints to the current document this is a ; test

      If you place a semicolon at the very beginning of the line, the whole line
      is remmed out and does not execute.

      Regards.

      Larry Thomas
      larryt@...

    • Lawrence R. Thomas
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 1998
        Hi Jody and Michael

        At 03:36 PM 11/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
        >Hi Michael,
        >
        >>I am trying to create a clipbook that involvs semicolons(;) in=20
        >>some lines, but NoteTab treats those as commented lines. I was=20
        >>wondering if there was a way to get it to output a semicolon?
        >
        >I didn't try it, but I am certain that this will work:
        >
        >^!InsertText ;
        >
        >Sp=E4ter,
        >Jody

        Note the special variables:

        * Special variables (predefined):
        The following variables are predefined with special values. You may,
        however, reassign other values to them if you wish.
        ^%NL% =3D new line (CR/LF pair)
        ^%PAGE% =3D Page break
        ^%TAB% =3D Tab character
        ^%SPACE% =3D Blank space character