[NTB] Re: semicolons in clips

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 1998
      At 18:50 03/11/98 +0000, you wrote:
      >I am trying to create a clipbook that involvs semicolons(;) in some lines,
      >but NoteTab treats those as commented lines. I was wondering if there was a
      >way to get it to output a semicolon?

      Only if they are at the start of the line. You can use the predefined
      variable ^%SC%, which contains a semicolon, and the line won't be treated
      as a comment. You can also double the semicolon to cancel the effect:

      ^%SC%This is not a comment
      or
      ;;This is not a comment

      Hope this helps!

      Regards,

      Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
    • Lawrence R. Thomas
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 1998
        Hi Jody and Michael,

        At 03:36 PM 11/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
        >Hi Michael,
        >
        >>I am trying to create a clipbook that involvs semicolons(;) in
        >>some lines, but NoteTab treats those as commented lines. I was
        >>wondering if there was a way to get it to output a semicolon?
        >
        >I didn't try it, but I am certain that this will work:
        >
        >^!InsertText ;
        >
        >Später,
        >Jody

        This works:

        H="Semi Colons"
        ^!inserttext ;
        this is a ; test^%nl%

        Every time you click it, you get a new line:

        ;this is a ; test

        H="Semi Colons"
        this is a ; test
        [followed by a <cr> which you cannot see]

        Prints to the current document this is a ; test

        If you place a semicolon at the very beginning of the line, the whole line
        is remmed out and does not execute.

        Regards.

        Larry Thomas
        larryt@...

      • Lawrence R. Thomas
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 1998
          Hi Jody and Michael

          At 03:36 PM 11/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
          >Hi Michael,
          >
          >>I am trying to create a clipbook that involvs semicolons(;) in=20
          >>some lines, but NoteTab treats those as commented lines. I was=20
          >>wondering if there was a way to get it to output a semicolon?
          >
          >I didn't try it, but I am certain that this will work:
          >
          >^!InsertText ;
          >
          >Sp=E4ter,
          >Jody

          Note the special variables:

          * Special variables (predefined):
          The following variables are predefined with special values. You may,
          however, reassign other values to them if you wish.
          ^%NL% =3D new line (CR/LF pair)
          ^%PAGE% =3D Page break
          ^%TAB% =3D Tab character
          ^%SPACE% =3D Blank space character