[NTB] Re: semicolons in clips

  • Jody Adair
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 1998
      Hi Michael,

      >I am trying to create a clipbook that involvs semicolons(;) in
      >some lines, but NoteTab treats those as commented lines. I was
      >wondering if there was a way to get it to output a semicolon?

      I didn't try it, but I am certain that this will work:

      ^!InsertText ;

      Später,
      Jody

      I can only please one person a day.
      Today is obviously not your day.
      Tomorrow does not look good either. :-)
      http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611
    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 1998
        At 18:50 03/11/98 +0000, you wrote:
        >I am trying to create a clipbook that involvs semicolons(;) in some lines,
        >but NoteTab treats those as commented lines. I was wondering if there was a
        >way to get it to output a semicolon?

        Only if they are at the start of the line. You can use the predefined
        variable ^%SC%, which contains a semicolon, and the line won't be treated
        as a comment. You can also double the semicolon to cancel the effect:

        ^%SC%This is not a comment
        or
        ;;This is not a comment

        Hope this helps!

        Regards,

        Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
      • Lawrence R. Thomas
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 1998
          Hi Jody and Michael,

          At 03:36 PM 11/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
          >Hi Michael,
          >
          >>I am trying to create a clipbook that involvs semicolons(;) in
          >>some lines, but NoteTab treats those as commented lines. I was
          >>wondering if there was a way to get it to output a semicolon?
          >
          >I didn't try it, but I am certain that this will work:
          >
          >^!InsertText ;
          >
          >Später,
          >Jody

          This works:

          H="Semi Colons"
          ^!inserttext ;
          this is a ; test^%nl%

          Every time you click it, you get a new line:

          ;this is a ; test

          H="Semi Colons"
          this is a ; test
          [followed by a <cr> which you cannot see]

          Prints to the current document this is a ; test

          If you place a semicolon at the very beginning of the line, the whole line
          is remmed out and does not execute.

          Regards.

          Larry Thomas
          larryt@...

        • Lawrence R. Thomas
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 1998
            Hi Jody and Michael

            At 03:36 PM 11/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
            >Hi Michael,
            >
            >>I am trying to create a clipbook that involvs semicolons(;) in=20
            >>some lines, but NoteTab treats those as commented lines. I was=20
            >>wondering if there was a way to get it to output a semicolon?
            >
            >I didn't try it, but I am certain that this will work:
            >
            >^!InsertText ;
            >
            >Sp=E4ter,
            >Jody

            Note the special variables:

            * Special variables (predefined):
            The following variables are predefined with special values. You may,
            however, reassign other values to them if you wish.
            ^%NL% =3D new line (CR/LF pair)
            ^%PAGE% =3D Page break
            ^%TAB% =3D Tab character
            ^%SPACE% =3D Blank space character