[NTB] Re: semicolons in clips

  • R.S.
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 1998
      Hi Michael,

      At 06:50 PM 11/03/98 -0000, you wrote:
      >I am trying to create a clipbook that involvs semicolons(;) in some lines,
      but NoteTab treats those as commented lines. I was wondering if there was
      a way to get it to output a semicolon?

      Why not?

      ^!Insert Text ";"

      or

      ^!Set a="1;2;3"
      ^!Info ^%a%

      Regards,

      RS
    • Jody Adair
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 1998
        Hi Michael,

        >I am trying to create a clipbook that involvs semicolons(;) in
        >some lines, but NoteTab treats those as commented lines. I was
        >wondering if there was a way to get it to output a semicolon?

        I didn't try it, but I am certain that this will work:

        ^!InsertText ;

        Später,
        Jody

        I can only please one person a day.
        Today is obviously not your day.
        Tomorrow does not look good either. :-)
        http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611
      • Eric G.V. Fookes
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 1998
          At 18:50 03/11/98 +0000, you wrote:
          >I am trying to create a clipbook that involvs semicolons(;) in some lines,
          >but NoteTab treats those as commented lines. I was wondering if there was a
          >way to get it to output a semicolon?

          Only if they are at the start of the line. You can use the predefined
          variable ^%SC%, which contains a semicolon, and the line won't be treated
          as a comment. You can also double the semicolon to cancel the effect:

          ^%SC%This is not a comment
          or
          ;;This is not a comment

          Hope this helps!

          Regards,

          Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
        • Lawrence R. Thomas
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 1998
            Hi Jody and Michael,

            At 03:36 PM 11/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
            >Hi Michael,
            >
            >>I am trying to create a clipbook that involvs semicolons(;) in
            >>some lines, but NoteTab treats those as commented lines. I was
            >>wondering if there was a way to get it to output a semicolon?
            >
            >I didn't try it, but I am certain that this will work:
            >
            >^!InsertText ;
            >
            >Später,
            >Jody

            This works:

            H="Semi Colons"
            ^!inserttext ;
            this is a ; test^%nl%

            Every time you click it, you get a new line:

            ;this is a ; test

            H="Semi Colons"
            this is a ; test
            [followed by a <cr> which you cannot see]

            Prints to the current document this is a ; test

            If you place a semicolon at the very beginning of the line, the whole line
            is remmed out and does not execute.

            Regards.

            Larry Thomas
            larryt@...

          • Lawrence R. Thomas
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 3, 1998
              Hi Jody and Michael

              At 03:36 PM 11/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
              >Hi Michael,
              >
              >>I am trying to create a clipbook that involvs semicolons(;) in=20
              >>some lines, but NoteTab treats those as commented lines. I was=20
              >>wondering if there was a way to get it to output a semicolon?
              >
              >I didn't try it, but I am certain that this will work:
              >
              >^!InsertText ;
              >
              >Sp=E4ter,
              >Jody

              Note the special variables:

              * Special variables (predefined):
              The following variables are predefined with special values. You may,
              however, reassign other values to them if you wish.
              ^%NL% =3D new line (CR/LF pair)
              ^%PAGE% =3D Page break
              ^%TAB% =3D Tab character
              ^%SPACE% =3D Blank space character