[NTB] Re: Command for jumping to next file in directory?

  • djust@netvision.net.il
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
      Thanks, R.S. and Jody.
      Jody, I've decided that instead of writing my own clips to do my
      file management, however, I'll just fiddle with your fm.clb. Do you
      want bug reports, suggestions, etc., or are you finished with it?
      To the list, or to you?

      Thanks,
      David.
    • Jody Adair
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
        Hi David,

        >I'll just fiddle with your fm.clb. Do you
        >want bug reports, suggestions, etc., or are you finished with it?
        >To the list, or to you?

        I don't know if I have added to it or not. I will work on it
        after Note Page Maker which I have only been able to dable with
        lately, but I think it is ready less re-doing some help files.

        You can send me bug reports and suggestions if you wish - directly:

        mailto:KJB1611@...

        Happy NoteTabbin',
        Jody
        http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611/notetab/notetab.htm
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
          The following don't seem to work on my system:
          1. View File. This one doesn't seem to work when there's a
          space in the path name of the object file. I get an error message
          of the form "Error: Could not launch c:\program files\notetab
          pro\documents\shoshana1.txt. Application not found or unknown
          command."
          2. Close Discard. Can't seem to get this one to work at all. I'm
          running NTP 4.51/uc on Win95 in c:\program files\notetab pro\ .

          Thanks,
          David.
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
            At 03:31 PM 11/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
            >Hi David,
            >
            >>I'll just fiddle with your fm.clb. Do you
            What is Note Page Maker?

            Tom Thomas

            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
              Hi Tom,

              >>>I'll just fiddle with your fm.clb. Do you

              >What is Note Page Maker?

              It is a library I have been working on since version 3 of NoteTab.
              It started off as HtmWiz.clb, but has over 200% stuff added to an
              already large library. It is used to make web pages, frames, convert
              text, frames, html, otl, etc. back and forth from each other with many
              extras. I recen'y put in an updated clip I did that converts browser
              bookmarks to a Clipbook Library and will add WS_Ftp support before I
              upload it.

              You or anybody else is more than welcome to test it out where it stands
              now - I believe I have all the bugs out of it.

              Just send me a note private e-mail: mailto:KJB1611@...

              c ya,
              Jody
              Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
                Hi David,

                >1. View File. This one doesn't seem to work when there's a
                >space in the path name of the object file.

                ^!Set %View%=^?[Enter number of file to view=]
                ^!Find "^%View%. " WS
                ^!Jump Select_End
                ^!Select Eol
                ^!"^$GetSelection$"

                that should get it - notice I put the "delimeters" around the
                ^$GetSelection$ - it is getting a path, so with the spaces it
                has to have the quotes around the path.

                >2. Close Discard.

                That seems to be working for me - discard makes it so that
                it closes and goes back to the last saved state that it was
                in. Say you edit a file and then do a close discard - it
                will close the file without saving the changes you made.

                c ya,
                Jody
                Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 13, 1998
                  I even tried downloading NTL4.52, and installing it in trial mode.
                  FM.clb still doesn't work. I'm wondering if the reason that yours
                  does work is that you're using it with I_View. Could you try
                  uninstalling I_View and using FM.clb with your default viewers to
                  see what happens?

                  Thanks,
                  David.
                • Jody Adair
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 13, 1998
                    Hi David,

                    You wrote the following on 01:14 PM 11/13/98 +0200:

                    >I even tried downloading NTL4.52, and installing it in trial mode.
                    >FM.clb still doesn't work.

                    Oh, I thought you got I_View. It would be a lot of work for me
                    to reconfigure to my browser, but will do it when I get the
                    chance. You really ought to try out I_View though. I have PSP
                    5, Photo Shop, browsers, etc. and still will use I_View for quick
                    viewing becuase it is small and fast - does basic editing as well
                    and will do its own slide show - a real nice little piece of bits.

                    The link is in FM.

                    I'm not sure if that is the problem though.

                    Does:

                    ^!"path\to\image"
                    ^!path\to\image

                    open your images in a browser?

                    c ya,
                    Jody
                    Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 25, 1998
                      Is the final release of 4.52 out yet? Can't seem to find any
                      references to it in my e-mail, but not seeing too many bug reports
                      on the pre-release either.

                      Thanks,
                      David.
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 25, 1998
                        Hi David,

                        >Is the final release of 4.52 out yet? Can't seem to find any
                        >references to it in my e-mail, but not seeing too many bug reports
                        >on the pre-release either.

                        Goto http://www.notetab.con/update.htm

                        Fookes Software is pleased to announce the availability of NoteTab
                        (Pro/Std/Light) version 4.52. The free NoteTab Light and trial version of
                        NoteTab Pro can be downloaded from the NoteTab homepage at:
                        http://www.notetab.com/
                        or
                        http://www.notetab.ch/

                        Registered users of NoteTab 4.x can upgrade to this new release by visiting
                        the following page:
                        http://www.notetab.com/update.htm
                        or
                        http://www.notetab.ch/update.htm
                        We no longer use patches as a method for upgrading. Fookes Software has
                        developed a special program that makes upgrading extremely easy and
                        reliable. You'll find more information about it on the Update page.

                        Major changes in v4.52 include...
                        * Insert HTML links and images by way of the File Open dialog box. If text
                        is highlighted when the command is chosen, the tags wrap around it.
                        * NoteTab Pro: color of <!-- --> comment tags is now adjustable through the
                        Options dialog box on the Colors tab.
                        * NoteTab Pro: supports WordStar key mapping.
                        * Disk Search now accepts regular expressions too.
                        * NoteTab now checks that the size of a newly saved file matches the size
                        of the text. The reason behind this feature is that some people saving to
                        certain servers sometimes experienced a loss of data (truncated files).
                        Although this is not caused by NoteTab, this extra checking may help the
                        eventual loss of data by warning you when the problem is detected.
                        * Clip Language Enhancements:
                        + New default label Skip_xx (xx represents the number of Clip lines to skip)
                        + 10 new commands
                        + 10 new functions
                        * Other minor changes.

                        Main Bug Fixes:
                        * Sorting lines with case sensitive option failed. Problem fixed.
                        * Strip HTML tags now handles <!-- --> comment tags properly.
                        * Long commands failed to launch correctly from Clips. Problem fixed.
                        * NoteTab Std/Light: bracket matching did not work properly. Problem fixed.
                        * Windows NT: searching/replacing certain single characters caused an error
                        in "ntdll.dll". Problem fixed.
                        * Windows 98: NoteTab would not come forward when an associated file was
                        opened through Explorer or other file management programs. This is due to
                        the fact that Microsoft has basically disabled the function that programs
                        use to come to the front. NoteTab 4.52 uses a workaround to solve this problem.
                        * Internet Explorer sometimes failed to open a file sent by NoteTab.
                        Although the problem is due to a bug in IE, NoteTab 4.52 uses a workaround
                        that fixes it.
                        * Other minor bug fixes.

                        Changes in earlier versions are listed on the following page:
                        http://www.notetab.com/new.htm
                        or
                        http://www.notetab.ch/new.htm

                        We hope you will enjoy this new version.

                        Sincerely,

                        Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
                        Author of the award-winning NoteTab 4.5 text editors for Windows
                        and the 1998 People's Choice Award