[NTB] Re: Command for jumping to next file in directory?

  • Jody Adair
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
      Hi David,

      You wrote the following on 11:45 AM 11/3/98 +0200:

      >I seem to remember that there is now a way to jump to the
      >next file in a directory without first making a text-file
      >of the directory list and then jumping the cursor in the
      >text. Did I imagine it?

      I don't know about jumping the cursor, but perhaps you can
      do something with these:

      ^$GetFileFirst(FilePath;FileSpecs[;SortingOrder])$
      ^$GetFileNext$

      c ya,
      Jody
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

      http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
        Thanks, R.S. and Jody.
        Jody, I've decided that instead of writing my own clips to do my
        file management, however, I'll just fiddle with your fm.clb. Do you
        want bug reports, suggestions, etc., or are you finished with it?
        To the list, or to you?

        Thanks,
        David.
      • Jody Adair
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
          Hi David,

          >I'll just fiddle with your fm.clb. Do you
          >want bug reports, suggestions, etc., or are you finished with it?
          >To the list, or to you?

          I don't know if I have added to it or not. I will work on it
          after Note Page Maker which I have only been able to dable with
          lately, but I think it is ready less re-doing some help files.

          You can send me bug reports and suggestions if you wish - directly:

          mailto:KJB1611@...

          Happy NoteTabbin',
          Jody
          http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611/notetab/notetab.htm
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
            The following don't seem to work on my system:
            1. View File. This one doesn't seem to work when there's a
            space in the path name of the object file. I get an error message
            of the form "Error: Could not launch c:\program files\notetab
            pro\documents\shoshana1.txt. Application not found or unknown
            command."
            2. Close Discard. Can't seem to get this one to work at all. I'm
            running NTP 4.51/uc on Win95 in c:\program files\notetab pro\ .

            Thanks,
            David.
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
              At 03:31 PM 11/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
              >Hi David,
              >
              >>I'll just fiddle with your fm.clb. Do you
              What is Note Page Maker?

              Tom Thomas

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
                Hi Tom,

                >>>I'll just fiddle with your fm.clb. Do you

                >What is Note Page Maker?

                It is a library I have been working on since version 3 of NoteTab.
                It started off as HtmWiz.clb, but has over 200% stuff added to an
                already large library. It is used to make web pages, frames, convert
                text, frames, html, otl, etc. back and forth from each other with many
                extras. I recen'y put in an updated clip I did that converts browser
                bookmarks to a Clipbook Library and will add WS_Ftp support before I
                upload it.

                You or anybody else is more than welcome to test it out where it stands
                now - I believe I have all the bugs out of it.

                Just send me a note private e-mail: mailto:KJB1611@...

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
                  Hi David,

                  >1. View File. This one doesn't seem to work when there's a
                  >space in the path name of the object file.

                  ^!Set %View%=^?[Enter number of file to view=]
                  ^!Find "^%View%. " WS
                  ^!Jump Select_End
                  ^!Select Eol
                  ^!"^$GetSelection$"

                  that should get it - notice I put the "delimeters" around the
                  ^$GetSelection$ - it is getting a path, so with the spaces it
                  has to have the quotes around the path.

                  >2. Close Discard.

                  That seems to be working for me - discard makes it so that
                  it closes and goes back to the last saved state that it was
                  in. Say you edit a file and then do a close discard - it
                  will close the file without saving the changes you made.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 13, 1998
                    I even tried downloading NTL4.52, and installing it in trial mode.
                    FM.clb still doesn't work. I'm wondering if the reason that yours
                    does work is that you're using it with I_View. Could you try
                    uninstalling I_View and using FM.clb with your default viewers to
                    see what happens?

                    Thanks,
                    David.
                  • Jody Adair
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 13, 1998
                      Hi David,

                      You wrote the following on 01:14 PM 11/13/98 +0200:

                      >I even tried downloading NTL4.52, and installing it in trial mode.
                      >FM.clb still doesn't work.

                      Oh, I thought you got I_View. It would be a lot of work for me
                      to reconfigure to my browser, but will do it when I get the
                      chance. You really ought to try out I_View though. I have PSP
                      5, Photo Shop, browsers, etc. and still will use I_View for quick
                      viewing becuase it is small and fast - does basic editing as well
                      and will do its own slide show - a real nice little piece of bits.

                      The link is in FM.

                      I'm not sure if that is the problem though.

                      Does:

                      ^!"path\to\image"
                      ^!path\to\image

                      open your images in a browser?

                    • djust@netvision.net.il
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 25, 1998
                        Is the final release of 4.52 out yet? Can't seem to find any
                        references to it in my e-mail, but not seeing too many bug reports
                        on the pre-release either.

                        Thanks,
                        David.
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 25, 1998
                          Hi David,

                          >Is the final release of 4.52 out yet? Can't seem to find any
                          >references to it in my e-mail, but not seeing too many bug reports
                          >on the pre-release either.

                          Goto http://www.notetab.con/update.htm

                          Fookes Software is pleased to announce the availability of NoteTab
                          (Pro/Std/Light) version 4.52. The free NoteTab Light and trial version of
                          NoteTab Pro can be downloaded from the NoteTab homepage at:
                          http://www.notetab.com/
                          or
                          http://www.notetab.ch/

                          Registered users of NoteTab 4.x can upgrade to this new release by visiting
                          the following page:
                          http://www.notetab.com/update.htm
                          or
                          http://www.notetab.ch/update.htm
                          We no longer use patches as a method for upgrading. Fookes Software has
                          developed a special program that makes upgrading extremely easy and
                          reliable. You'll find more information about it on the Update page.

                          Major changes in v4.52 include...
                          * Insert HTML links and images by way of the File Open dialog box. If text
                          is highlighted when the command is chosen, the tags wrap around it.
                          * NoteTab Pro: color of <!-- --> comment tags is now adjustable through the
                          Options dialog box on the Colors tab.
                          * NoteTab Pro: supports WordStar key mapping.
                          * Disk Search now accepts regular expressions too.
                          * NoteTab now checks that the size of a newly saved file matches the size
                          of the text. The reason behind this feature is that some people saving to
                          certain servers sometimes experienced a loss of data (truncated files).
                          Although this is not caused by NoteTab, this extra checking may help the
                          eventual loss of data by warning you when the problem is detected.
                          * Clip Language Enhancements:
                          + New default label Skip_xx (xx represents the number of Clip lines to skip)
                          + 10 new commands
                          + 10 new functions
                          * Other minor changes.

                          Main Bug Fixes:
                          * Sorting lines with case sensitive option failed. Problem fixed.
                          * Strip HTML tags now handles <!-- --> comment tags properly.
                          * Long commands failed to launch correctly from Clips. Problem fixed.
                          * NoteTab Std/Light: bracket matching did not work properly. Problem fixed.
                          * Windows NT: searching/replacing certain single characters caused an error
                          in "ntdll.dll". Problem fixed.
                          * Windows 98: NoteTab would not come forward when an associated file was
                          opened through Explorer or other file management programs. This is due to
                          the fact that Microsoft has basically disabled the function that programs
                          use to come to the front. NoteTab 4.52 uses a workaround to solve this problem.
                          * Internet Explorer sometimes failed to open a file sent by NoteTab.
                          Although the problem is due to a bug in IE, NoteTab 4.52 uses a workaround
                          that fixes it.
                          * Other minor bug fixes.

                          Changes in earlier versions are listed on the following page:
                          http://www.notetab.com/new.htm
                          or
                          http://www.notetab.ch/new.htm

                          We hope you will enjoy this new version.

                          Sincerely,

                          Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
                          Author of the award-winning NoteTab 4.5 text editors for Windows
                          and the 1998 People's Choice Award