[NTB] Command for jumping to next file in directory?

  • djust@netvision.net.il
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
      I seem to remember that there is now a way to jump to the next
      file in a directory without first making a text-file of the directory list
      and then jumping the cursor in the text. Did I imagine it?

      Thanks,
      David.
    • R.S.
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
        Hi David,

        At 11:45 AM 11/03/98 +0200, you wrote:

        >I seem to remember that there is now a way to jump to the next
        >file in a directory without first making a text-file of the directory list
        >and then jumping the cursor in the text. Did I imagine it?

        No, you're not having hallucinations. Here's what you are looking for:

        File

        //>> 08/04/98 17:45

        * Clip commands for retrieving disk file names:
        (See the example "Images to HTML" provided in the Samples.clb file.)

        ^$GetFileFirst(FilePath;FileSpecs[;SortingOrder])$
        Returns the first file in the list generated by the function. FilePath
        indicates the directory you want to search and FileSpecs the specs to match
        the files. FileSpecs can contain the standard wildcards * and ?, and you
        can specify several criteria separated by a semicolon (;). You must use
        double-quotes around the FileSpecs parameter if you specify several
        criteria. The third parameter, SortingOrder, is optional and can be used to
        specify a sorting order that is different from the default which is file
        names sorted in alphabetical order. You can use the following values for
        SortingOrder:
        UNSORTED: No sorting is used.
        NAME: Files are sorted by name.
        TYPE: Files are sorted by type (based on the extension).
        DATE: Files are sorted by date.
        SIZE: Files are sorted by size.
        Use the prefix "REV" to reverse the sorting order (e.g. REVSIZE starts with
        the largest file).

        ^$GetFileNext$
        Returns the next file name in the list. If there are no more files, then
        the result is an empty string.

        ^!CloseFileFind
        Optional command to close the list of files created with the GetFileFirst
        function. It is recommended to use this command when you have finished
        using the list of files as it releases system resources.

        Regards,

        RS
      • Jody Adair
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
          Hi David,

          You wrote the following on 11:45 AM 11/3/98 +0200:

          >I seem to remember that there is now a way to jump to the
          >next file in a directory without first making a text-file
          >of the directory list and then jumping the cursor in the
          >text. Did I imagine it?

          I don't know about jumping the cursor, but perhaps you can
          do something with these:

          ^$GetFileFirst(FilePath;FileSpecs[;SortingOrder])$
          ^$GetFileNext$

          c ya,
          Jody
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

          http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
            Thanks, R.S. and Jody.
            Jody, I've decided that instead of writing my own clips to do my
            file management, however, I'll just fiddle with your fm.clb. Do you
            want bug reports, suggestions, etc., or are you finished with it?
            To the list, or to you?

            Thanks,
            David.
          • Jody Adair
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
              Hi David,

              >I'll just fiddle with your fm.clb. Do you
              >want bug reports, suggestions, etc., or are you finished with it?
              >To the list, or to you?

              I don't know if I have added to it or not. I will work on it
              after Note Page Maker which I have only been able to dable with
              lately, but I think it is ready less re-doing some help files.

              You can send me bug reports and suggestions if you wish - directly:

              mailto:KJB1611@...

              Happy NoteTabbin',
              Jody
              http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611/notetab/notetab.htm
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
                The following don't seem to work on my system:
                1. View File. This one doesn't seem to work when there's a
                space in the path name of the object file. I get an error message
                of the form "Error: Could not launch c:\program files\notetab
                pro\documents\shoshana1.txt. Application not found or unknown
                command."
                2. Close Discard. Can't seem to get this one to work at all. I'm
                running NTP 4.51/uc on Win95 in c:\program files\notetab pro\ .

                Thanks,
                David.
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
                  At 03:31 PM 11/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
                  >Hi David,
                  >
                  >>I'll just fiddle with your fm.clb. Do you
                  What is Note Page Maker?

                  Tom Thomas

                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
                    Hi Tom,

                    >>>I'll just fiddle with your fm.clb. Do you

                    >What is Note Page Maker?

                    It is a library I have been working on since version 3 of NoteTab.
                    It started off as HtmWiz.clb, but has over 200% stuff added to an
                    already large library. It is used to make web pages, frames, convert
                    text, frames, html, otl, etc. back and forth from each other with many
                    extras. I recen'y put in an updated clip I did that converts browser
                    bookmarks to a Clipbook Library and will add WS_Ftp support before I
                    upload it.

                    You or anybody else is more than welcome to test it out where it stands
                    now - I believe I have all the bugs out of it.

                    Just send me a note private e-mail: mailto:KJB1611@...

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 3, 1998
                      Hi David,

                      >1. View File. This one doesn't seem to work when there's a
                      >space in the path name of the object file.

                      ^!Set %View%=^?[Enter number of file to view=]
                      ^!Find "^%View%. " WS
                      ^!Jump Select_End
                      ^!Select Eol
                      ^!"^$GetSelection$"

                      that should get it - notice I put the "delimeters" around the
                      ^$GetSelection$ - it is getting a path, so with the spaces it
                      has to have the quotes around the path.

                      >2. Close Discard.

                      That seems to be working for me - discard makes it so that
                      it closes and goes back to the last saved state that it was
                      in. Say you edit a file and then do a close discard - it
                      will close the file without saving the changes you made.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 13, 1998
                        I even tried downloading NTL4.52, and installing it in trial mode.
                        FM.clb still doesn't work. I'm wondering if the reason that yours
                        does work is that you're using it with I_View. Could you try
                        uninstalling I_View and using FM.clb with your default viewers to
                        see what happens?

                        Thanks,
                        David.
                      • Jody Adair
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 13, 1998
                          Hi David,

                          You wrote the following on 01:14 PM 11/13/98 +0200:

                          >I even tried downloading NTL4.52, and installing it in trial mode.
                          >FM.clb still doesn't work.

                          Oh, I thought you got I_View. It would be a lot of work for me
                          to reconfigure to my browser, but will do it when I get the
                          chance. You really ought to try out I_View though. I have PSP
                          5, Photo Shop, browsers, etc. and still will use I_View for quick
                          viewing becuase it is small and fast - does basic editing as well
                          and will do its own slide show - a real nice little piece of bits.

                          The link is in FM.

                          I'm not sure if that is the problem though.

                          Does:

                          ^!"path\to\image"
                          ^!path\to\image

                          open your images in a browser?

                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 25, 1998
                            Is the final release of 4.52 out yet? Can't seem to find any
                            references to it in my e-mail, but not seeing too many bug reports
                            on the pre-release either.

                            Thanks,
                            David.
                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 25, 1998
                              Hi David,

                              >Is the final release of 4.52 out yet? Can't seem to find any
                              >references to it in my e-mail, but not seeing too many bug reports
                              >on the pre-release either.

                              Goto http://www.notetab.con/update.htm

                              Fookes Software is pleased to announce the availability of NoteTab
                              (Pro/Std/Light) version 4.52. The free NoteTab Light and trial version of
                              NoteTab Pro can be downloaded from the NoteTab homepage at:
                              http://www.notetab.com/
                              or
                              http://www.notetab.ch/

                              Registered users of NoteTab 4.x can upgrade to this new release by visiting
                              the following page:
                              http://www.notetab.com/update.htm
                              or
                              http://www.notetab.ch/update.htm
                              We no longer use patches as a method for upgrading. Fookes Software has
                              developed a special program that makes upgrading extremely easy and
                              reliable. You'll find more information about it on the Update page.

                              Major changes in v4.52 include...
                              * Insert HTML links and images by way of the File Open dialog box. If text
                              is highlighted when the command is chosen, the tags wrap around it.
                              * NoteTab Pro: color of <!-- --> comment tags is now adjustable through the
                              Options dialog box on the Colors tab.
                              * NoteTab Pro: supports WordStar key mapping.
                              * Disk Search now accepts regular expressions too.
                              * NoteTab now checks that the size of a newly saved file matches the size
                              of the text. The reason behind this feature is that some people saving to
                              certain servers sometimes experienced a loss of data (truncated files).
                              Although this is not caused by NoteTab, this extra checking may help the
                              eventual loss of data by warning you when the problem is detected.
                              * Clip Language Enhancements:
                              + New default label Skip_xx (xx represents the number of Clip lines to skip)
                              + 10 new commands
                              + 10 new functions
                              * Other minor changes.

                              Main Bug Fixes:
                              * Sorting lines with case sensitive option failed. Problem fixed.
                              * Strip HTML tags now handles <!-- --> comment tags properly.
                              * Long commands failed to launch correctly from Clips. Problem fixed.
                              * NoteTab Std/Light: bracket matching did not work properly. Problem fixed.
                              * Windows NT: searching/replacing certain single characters caused an error
                              in "ntdll.dll". Problem fixed.
                              * Windows 98: NoteTab would not come forward when an associated file was
                              opened through Explorer or other file management programs. This is due to
                              the fact that Microsoft has basically disabled the function that programs
                              use to come to the front. NoteTab 4.52 uses a workaround to solve this problem.
                              * Internet Explorer sometimes failed to open a file sent by NoteTab.
                              Although the problem is due to a bug in IE, NoteTab 4.52 uses a workaround
                              that fixes it.
                              * Other minor bug fixes.

                              Changes in earlier versions are listed on the following page:
                              http://www.notetab.com/new.htm
                              or
                              http://www.notetab.ch/new.htm

                              We hope you will enjoy this new version.

                              Sincerely,

                              Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
                              Author of the award-winning NoteTab 4.5 text editors for Windows
                              and the 1998 People's Choice Award