[NTB] That bottom scroll bar...

  • Brian Catalona
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 1998
      Hi List,
      I have a rather basic question regarding NoteTab 4.51 Light. Is there
      a way to get the bottom scrollbar to go away when I have Word Wrap on?
      Even though I have the options set to always load documents word
      wrapped, Notepad insists on showing the bottom scrollbar anyway. Odd
      thing is, if I hit CTRL+W to turn word wrap off, and then CTRL+W to turn
      it back on again, the scrollbar goes away. Any ideas?

      Brian
    • Sami Jarvinen
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 1998
        > I have a rather basic question regarding NoteTab 4.51 Light. Is there
        > a way to get the bottom scrollbar to go away when I have Word Wrap on?

        The two settings that matter are word wrap and scrolling past end of line:
        View -> Options -> Documents

        Three facts (?):
        - when word wrap is enabled, the vertical scroll bar might not be necessary
        - when scrolling past end of line is enabled, the vertical scroll bar is
        always there
        - word wrap and scrolling past end of line can't be enabled at the same
        time

        So when you have an empty document, the vertical scroll bar should not be
        visible
        when word wrap is enabled. Right?

        What I don't understand is why pressing CTRL+W twice makes a difference;
        you'd think that if the vertical scroll bar was displayed before you
        pressed CTRL+W,
        it should've reappeared when you press CTRL+W again. Right?

        What an interesting topic, btw ;-)