[NTB] New products from Fookes Software...

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 1998
      Hi all!

      Here's a little secret I am going to reveal to you today. I've been working
      on a new group of products these past days and I present to you the
      pre-release versions today. The only relation between this new software and
      NoteTab is the author -- me <g>. Actually, the free versions will serve to
      advertise NoteTab to a certain extent.

      Okay, so what is this all about? Well, I have to admit to you that I needed
      a bit of a break (just a little one) from working on NoteTab. Some of you
      probably know from my other web site that photography is one of my big
      hobbies (at least it used to be when I had more time). So I have put
      together some of my favorite photographs to produced five pictorial screen
      savers. They each come in two versions, a Freeware and a commercial
      version. The Freeware versions all have 7 high-resolution landscape
      photographs, and three advertising screens that show up (for 40 seconds)
      only when the screen saver starts. The commercial versions will cost $9.95
      each, and the number of pictures range from 14 to 20. Of course, these do
      not contain the adds displayed in the free versions.

      So, for those of you that appreciate pictorial screen savers and are
      tempted to try out pre-release copies of the Freeware versions, you can
      download them from the following links:

      Absolute Europe (size 1'371'020 bytes):
      http://www.unige.ch/sciences/terre/geologie/fookes/temp/efscreu1.zip

      Absolute Norway (size 1'404'805 bytes):
      http://www.unige.ch/sciences/terre/geologie/fookes/temp/efscrn1.zip

      Absolute Scandinavia (size 1'288'676 bytes):
      http://www.unige.ch/sciences/terre/geologie/fookes/temp/efscrsc1.zip

      Absolute Finland (size 1'359'754 bytes):
      http://www.unige.ch/sciences/terre/geologie/fookes/temp/efscrsf1.zip

      Absolute Switzerland (size 1'271'732 bytes):
      http://www.unige.ch/sciences/terre/geologie/fookes/temp/efscrch1.zip

      You can also use the download links from the following page (still under
      construction):

      http://www.notetab.com/screensavers/

      Please do not link to these files or make them available from other web
      sites. The commercial versions are currently not available as advertized in
      the free versions, so it's not a good idea to spread the word about them yet.

      I'd be interested to know your opinion of these new products. I must admit
      I don't know much about other screen savers as I never looked at such
      products until recently. If you think they are bad, or if there is anything
      you don't like about them, I'd be interested to know.

      Regards,

      Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
    • Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 1998
        "Eric G.V. Fookes" <fookes@...> wrote:

        >Hi all!
        >
        >Here's a little secret I am going to reveal to you today. I've been working
        >on a new group of products these past days and I present to you the
        >pre-release versions today. The only relation between this new software and
        >NoteTab is the author -- me <g>. Actually, the free versions will serve to
        >advertise NoteTab to a certain extent.

        There is one detail I haven't seen mentioned yet.

        It is: http://www.stardustsoftware.com/sstoolkit/

        --
        Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
        ICQ: 15117288
      • Eric G.V. Fookes
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 1998
          Hi Wayne,

          >>Here's a little secret I am going to reveal to you today. I've been working
          >>on a new group of products these past days and I present to you the
          >>pre-release versions today. The only relation between this new software and
          >>NoteTab is the author -- me <g>. Actually, the free versions will serve to
          >>advertise NoteTab to a certain extent.
          >
          >There is one detail I haven't seen mentioned yet.
          >
          >It is: http://www.stardustsoftware.com/sstoolkit/

          Maybe I should also have mentioned that NoteTab is developed with Delphi 3.02.

          It is: http://www.inprise.com/delphi/

          Sorry, but I really don't see your point.

          Regards,

          Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>