[NTB] Pascal Compiler - Fast Compiled Code from NoteTab

  • R.S.
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 1998
      Hi All,

      There is now a way to compile and run fast executables from NoteTab. The
      FPK Pascal Compiler is available from my page, together with a Clip Library
      to use it.

      For most uses the NoteTab Clip language is more than enough. There are
      cases, though, in which you need Gawk or Perl. And there will be times when
      none of those are exactly what you need. When you need to produce fast
      executable code, the FPK Pascal Compiler might be the right solution. And
      it's free!

      You can get it from:

      http://pages.prodigy.net/rcsilv/main/index.htm

      Make sure to get the FPK companion Clip Library, to compile and run your
      programs from NoteTab.
      If you install the Compiler in other than the default "C:\PP\" path, you'll
      have to change the Path in the Clips, too.

      To compile, run the "Pascal Compile & Run" Clip, in the "FPK Companion"
      Library, and select the desired source file ( .pp extension). The program
      comes with a few Demos which you can use to get you started. For example,
      try compiling:

      "C:\PP\DEMO\QSORT.PP"

      For those not acquainted with Pascal, let me add that it isn't that
      difficult. If you have used Visual Basic, you'll notice it's very much
      alike --- with the difference that Pascal is a more strict and structured
      language, which doesn't allow for sloppy programming, but in return it
      gives you much more power. It won't take you long to feel at ease.

      Also, if you can program Clips, there's no reason why you cannot learn to
      program in Pascal.

      In the future, there will be a C++ Compiler available, too; and perhaps
      another Pascal Compiler.

      Enjoy it!

      Regards,

      RS