[NTB] Wish List

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 22, 1998
      Sure would like to have the area following ^p;
      up to the next ^p
      displayed in URL color

      ; This is a remark line that would be a different color from the clip code :)
      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
      * Introduction - NoteTab Clip Programming
      * http://notetab.kay.net
      * NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
      * notetab-tips-subscribe@...
      * --- Grandma Kay ---
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 1999
        Hi Eric,

        I have known about the option to paste clips to a clipbook library from the
        clip board for some time but I just figured out how to do it correctly in
        the past two or three weeks. I was not including the H=ClipName in the
        copy command so I had to enter the name manually and now I don't.

        I would appreciate it if you could enhance the "Add from Document" to act
        the same way when the first line of the clip selection contains the name in
        the form of "H=ClipName". I would also like to see the "Copy to clipboard"
        function copy the clipname to the clipboard in the form "H=ClipName" also
        as this makes it much easier to copy clips from one library to another by
        just copying a clip to the clipboard, switching clipbook libraries and then
        adding the clip to the new library from the clipboard.

        Regards,

        Larry Thomas
        larryt@...

      • Marco Bernardini
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6 1:54 AM
          Working on whole sites sometimes I need to search (and replace) thousands
          of strings on a bunch of pages.

          A powerful tool can be an "exclude from search", just like the minus on
          AltaVista. For example, if I look for "img src", I'd like to exclude "img
          src="/images/"

          I know this can be done using "regular expressions", as explained in Perl
          manual, but a note in Perl manual say also "The three principle virtues of
          a programmer are Laziness, Impatience, and Hubris" :-)
          So, an input box to exclude strings can really be helpful.

          A nasty trick for lazy writers is to replace every "string1" with
          "string1+string2", then replace "string2+string2" with a single "string2".
          It works almost fine.

          Happy typing!

          Marco Bernardini
          webmaster at http://www.taggiasca.com

          | Disclaimer:
          | Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my mother-in-law
        • Grey Cat
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 11, 2000
            Having FINALLY gotten a working copy of Windows 98 running on my machine,
            gotten the Zoom instillation program quit asking me to delete a driver in
            "other" systems--WHICH ISN'T THERE!!!!, and so on, my wish list for all
            Windows 9x (and no doubt 200x) is that in the program folder there is a nice
            little icon which re-registers the app with Windows!

            No digging out the disk, or the downloaded file and sitting there
            completely reinstalling app after app until the machine is finally ready for
            work!!

            Grey Cat
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 11, 2000
              Hi Grey,

              > Having FINALLY gotten a working copy of Windows 98 running on
              > my machine, gotten the Zoom instillation program quit asking me
              > to delete a driver in "other" systems--WHICH ISN'T THERE!!!!,
              > and so on, my wish list for all Windows 9x (and no doubt 200x)
              > is that in the program folder there is a nice little icon which
              > re-registers the app with Windows!

              NoteTab has a utility now to register itself called "Add to App
              Paths" found in the Utility Library. If you do not have it there
              update if you wish. You really do not need to run it though
              unless you messed up the associations and cannot get them fixed
              by normal procedures link Add/Remove in NoteTab's Associations.
              It won't hurt anything to add it though if you would just like to
              do it for grins. (I don't know about Win2000 though.)

              HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\

              http://www.notetab.com/update.htm

              I'm still waiting on ^!BrewCoffee ;)

              http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              The NoteTab Basic Discussion List