[NTB] Problem with buying Notetab Pro

  • leerobie@velocity.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 1998
      Can anyone help me Please!
      I went through the application form and sent it and that's where the problems began. Whenever I open NoteTab Pro it still has (trial) after NoteTab Pro on the title line at the top of the window. I think I missed the page that gives you the authorization Code or whatever it is that will register my copy of Notetab Pro. I have tried registering again but a message flashes at the top of the registration screen that says duplicate registration. Can someone check and see if my payment when through and if it did then send me the instructions to keep it from running out in 3 days. If my payment didn't go through please tell me so I can register it and don't lose everything I have done so far.
      If I have posted this in the wrong place, please tell me where I should go for help.
      Lee J. Robison
      leerobie@...

      -----

    • R.S.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 1998
        At 07:36 PM 10/04/98 -0000, you wrote:
        >Can anyone help me Please!
        >I went through the application form and sent it and that's where the
        problems began. Whenever I open NoteTab Pro it still has (trial) after
        NoteTab Pro on the title line at the top of the window. I think I missed
        the page that gives you the authorization Code or whatever it is that will
        register my copy of Notetab Pro. I have tried registering again but a
        message flashes at the top of the registration screen that says duplicate
        registration. Can someone check and see if my payment when through and if
        it did then send me the instructions to keep it from running out in 3 days.
        If my payment didn't go through please tell me so I can register it and
        don't lose everything I have done so far.

        Hi Lee,

        Don't be afraid. You won't loose any documents you have created so far. But
        the safest thing is for you to make a back up copy of them, as well as one
        of the Notepro.ini (which contains the customizing you might have done to
        NoteTab) in another Folder. That in order you won't delete them
        accidentally if you uninstall this copy of NoteTab.

        Now, did you receive a registration number from the vendor? If so, my
        suggestion is that you reinstall NoteTab in another Directory, without
        deleting the one you already have. For example, if now you have it at:

        "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\"

        which is the default, try reinstalling it at:

        "C:\Program Files\NoteTab\"

        and entering your registration number.

        If that works, then you can delete the old one, after having copied your
        backed up files into the new Directory.

        Hope this helps.

        Regards,

        RS

      • Eric G.V. Fookes
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 1998
          At 19:36 04/10/98 +0000, you wrote:
          >Can anyone help me Please!
          >I went through the application form and sent it and that's where the
          problems began.

          What do you mean by the "application form"?

          >Whenever I open NoteTab Pro it still has (trial) after NoteTab Pro on the
          title line at the top of the window. I think I missed the page that gives
          you the authorization Code or whatever it is that will register my copy of
          Notetab Pro.

          The trial version cannot be converted into a registered version.

          >I have tried registering again but a message flashes at the top of the
          registration screen that says duplicate registration.

          I don't know anything about this. The current version of NoteTab doesn't
          have any registration screens. Where was the registration screen? On the
          web? Or are you trying to register an old version of NoteTab from the
          defunct ideaMarket distributor?

          >Can someone check and see if my payment when through and if it did then
          send me the instructions to keep it from running out in 3 days. If my
          payment didn't go through please tell me so I can register it and don't
          lose everything I have done so far.

          If you recently purchased from Digital River, you should have received a
          download link to the registered version. Once you have downloaded it, just
          execute the file and NoteTab will be installed. It does not require any
          registration key.

          If you have had difficulty getting your registered copy of NoteTab, you may
          re-initiate your download by going to the following URL:

          http://www.digitalriver.com/cs

          Here you will need: Your password and order number. (your order number is
          printed in the e-mail sent by Digital River)

          If you have questions about billing or are unable to download your product,
          please contact Digital River at webmaster@....

          Regards,

          Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>