[NTB] BUG REPORT: Long File Names: (Was NTP4.5a cannot launch .lnk files as 4.5 can.)

  • Lawrence R. Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 1998
      Hi Eric,

      The problem appears to be with seeing too many spaces in long file names.
      If a long file name has more than two spaces in any path segment (between
      \'s), NTP seems to have problems with it. Two or fewer work fine. Many
      more than two spaces are fine as long as they are not concentrated between
      slashes or so it appears.

      Reply to Sammi:

      >> I have done further testing and I created the following clips
      >> which work!
      >> ^!C:\WIN95\Desktop\Windows Explorer.lnk
      >
      >Has this worked before? I think it only logical that it doesn't. Why
      >should NoteTab start guessing what part of the string is the file name
      >and where the command line parameters begin? You must use quotes to
      >separate the file name from the parameters if the file name contains
      >spaces.

      Yes, it has. It was in the original Launch library from Super NoteTab
      V2.63e and has worked up through the release of v4.5.

      Regards,

      Larry Thomas
      larryt@...