[NTB] NoteTab Pro 4.51: upcoming maintenance release updated

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 1998
      (It seems my message did not reach the mailing list so I'm sending it
      again...)

      Hi all,

      I have just uploaded an update to the NoteTab Pro trial version
      (pre-release). It adds features and fixes the following issues that have
      been reported recently:

      * Added support for basic regular expressions:
      + Find and Replace dialog box:
      click on empty area with right mouse button and choose "Regular
      Expression"
      + Find and Replace Clipbook commands:
      use new option: "R"
      - Important: the Replace criteria does not support regular expressions
      at this stage.

      -> Regular Expression tokens:
      * = match zero or more of preceding character
      ^ = beginning of line
      $ = end of line
      \ = escape next character
      - = used in [a-z] type expressions
      ^ = negate next character/range in [a-z] expression
      [ = intro for [a-z] expressions
      ] = outro for [a-z] expressions
      . = match any single character

      * New option for Find and Replace Clipbook commands: "C" forces search to
      treat criteria as whole word even if it contains word delimiters.

      * Improved speed when launching console applications that only produce
      output data

      * Improved "Strip HTML Tags" function. Comments using <--...--> tags are
      now properly removed. List items are preceded with bullets or numbers
      depending on the nature of the list.

      * Improved behaviour of TypeBack and PasteBack Clip commands

      * Added missing topic on "Mask Characters" to Help file

      * Other minor enhancements and little bug fixes

      You can download the zip file that contains NoteTab Pro trial 4.5b from the
      following link:

      http://www.notetab.com/ftp/ntp45b-t.zip

      You can unzip it directly into your NoteTab directory as I have renamed the
      executable so it won't overwrite NotePro.exe. The trial version will work
      for one month from the moment you install it (unless you have already
      installed the previous trial version). Unlike the commercial version, it
      does not include support for a spell checker or thesaurus. Please not that
      this file is not for redistribution, so please do not pass it on to others
      or include it on CD-Roms, etc.

      All feedback is welcome!

      Regards,

      Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
    • Alex Brem
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 2, 1998
        "Eric G.V. Fookes" wrote:

        > (It seems my message did not reach the mailing list so I'm sending it
        > again...)
        >
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I have just uploaded an update to the NoteTab Pro trial version
        > (pre-release). It adds features and fixes the following issues that have
        > been reported recently:
        >
        > * Added support for basic regular expressions:
        > + Find and Replace dialog box:
        > click on empty area with right mouse button and choose "Regular
        > Expression"
        > + Find and Replace Clipbook commands:
        > use new option: "R"
        > - Important: the Replace criteria does not support regular expressions
        > at this stage.
        >
        > -> Regular Expression tokens:
        > * = match zero or more of preceding character
        > ^ = beginning of line
        > $ = end of line
        > \ = escape next character
        > - = used in [a-z] type expressions
        > ^ = negate next character/range in [a-z] expression
        > [ = intro for [a-z] expressions
        > ] = outro for [a-z] expressions
        > . = match any single character

        hey - this is the way we know it from perl :)

        greetings, alex

        --
        alex brem [lumon]..........: programming, design & harmonies
        freQvibez / ma'mellow muzax: scene musician & coder

        art should be an expression against violence!

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 1998
          On Fri, 02 Oct 1998 07:52:43 +0200, you wrote:

          >I have just uploaded an update to the NoteTab Pro trial version
          >(pre-release). It adds features and fixes the following issues that have
          >been reported recently:

          Does it also upgrade the registered versions?

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 4, 1998
            On Fri, 02 Oct 1998 07:52:43 +0200, Eric Fookes wrote:

            snip

            >I have just uploaded an update to the NoteTab Pro trial version
            >(pre-release). It adds features and

            snip

            Hi Eric & group,

            I currently have a directory full of various text editors that I have
            been evaluating and trying to pick the one which suits me the best.
            NoteTab Pro looks very much like it could be the one, however there is
            just one feature that I miss - syntax highlighting.

            I was wondering if you could please let me know whether syntax
            highlighting of various programming languages (C and C++ in
            particular) is something you have in mind for a future release?

            Thank you.

            Cheerio,
            Winsome

          • Eric G.V. Fookes
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 5, 1998
              Hi Winsome,

              >I was wondering if you could please let me know whether syntax
              >highlighting of various programming languages (C and C++ in
              >particular) is something you have in mind for a future release?

              Yes, this is a feature that is planned for a future version, but it won't
              make it in v4.51.

              Regards,

              Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
            • Jody Adair
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 5, 1998
                Hi Winsome,

                >I was wondering if you could please let me know whether syntax
                >highlighting of various programming languages (C and C++ in
                >particular) is something you have in mind for a future release?

                This might be in a major release as has been discussed. I would
                not plan on it soon or in ver. 4.5 (not that it cannot happen
                though).

                Still, with all the other features... :)

                Happy NoteTabbin',
                Jody
                http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611/notetab/notetab.htm

              • j
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 6, 1998
                  After a long vacation I'm back on line, did not have time to upload
                  4.5registered version thou, had a HD crush and have to look for my
                  floopy copy of registered 4.11 ....
                  Any way... I downloaded newest 4.51 beta and it seems that it does not
                  work under WIN98, I can't start it, I get an "Error Starting Program"
                  which says "A required .DLL file, EFOMACRO.DLL was not found.

                  My question is wat EFOMACRO.DLL is and where do I get it?

                  Janus

                  > You can unzip it directly into your NoteTab directory as I have renamed the
                  > executable so it won't overwrite NotePro.exe. The trial version will work
                  > for one month from the moment you install it (unless you have already
                  > installed the previous trial version). Unlike the commercial version, it
                  > does not include support for a spell checker or thesaurus. Please not that
                  > this file is not for redistribution, so please do not pass it on to others
                  > or include it on CD-Roms, etc.
                  >
                  > All feedback is welcome!

                • Nicole Simon
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 6, 1998
                    Eric G.V. Fookes wrote:
                    > * Added support for basic regular expressions:

                    May we have a find again with regexp? :)
                    F3 won't work at this time.

                    Nicole

                    --
                    �.. it HAS changed my life. As long as my wife (also a Pilot user) writes
                    down something in my datebook I don't forget it! Im such a good husband!�
                  • Nicole Simon
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 6, 1998
                      Hi,

                      if I want to do a search and replace, I'll get a Access violation 77F76DDD
                      in Module ntdll.dll Write of address 00404131.

                      It then starts the the favorites menue (I use ctrl-A).

                      This only seems to happen with 'replace ^t with'

                      Nicole

                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 6, 1998
                        Hi Janus,

                        >Any way... I downloaded newest 4.51 beta and it seems that it does not
                        >work under WIN98, I can't start it, I get an "Error Starting Program"
                        >which says "A required .DLL file, EFOMACRO.DLL was not found.
                        >
                        >My question is wat EFOMACRO.DLL is and where do I get it?

                        I had forgotten to indicate that you must copy the v4.51 file into a
                        directory where you have installed v4.5. EFOMACRO.DLL is part of the v4.5
                        package.

                        Regards,

                        Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
                      • Jody Adair
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 7, 1998
                          Hi Nicole,

                          >if I want to do a search and replace, I'll get a Access
                          >violation 77F76DDD in Module ntdll.dll
                          >This only seems to happen with 'replace ^t with'

                          That does not happen on my Win95.

                          c ya,
                          Jody
                          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23