[NTB] Re: Help making clip

  • Jody Adair
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 1998
      Hi Richard,

      >Organisatie:
      >Straat:
      >Postcode:
      >Plaats:
      >Tel.:
      >Fax:

      >>> ..

      >I mean the name of the organisation, wich appaers on the
      >first line of the block of 5 lines.

      there are six lines above???

      I think it would be best for you to send three of these
      entries in one piece (and to the advanced list if you do
      not mind).

      It certainly can be done. Depending on *exactly* what you
      have makes the clip making decision easier on which way to
      go with this.

      <- Start below here ->
      1st line
      2nd line
      3rd line
      4th line
      5th line

      1st line
      2nd line
      3rd line
      4th line
      5th line

      1st line
      2nd line
      3rd line
      4th line
      5th line
      <- Stop above here ->

      In other words we need to see if there are spaces in
      between for a certain way I would make it using the
      amount of lines. Also, the ".." is still unclear.
      Are those to be inserted above the first line making
      a total of 6 lines in the finished file?

      ..
      1st line
      2nd line
      3rd line
      4th line
      5th line

      Do you want the "labels" also there or just the data after
      them? In other words, do you need it to say "Organisatie:"
      or just the name of the organization leaving "Organisatie:"
      out?

      Do you want the files saved as say:
      10-01-1.html
      10-01-2.html
      10-01-3.html

      and then the next day:

      10-02-1.html
      10-02-2.html

      mailto:ntb-advanced-subscribe@...
      ntb-advanced-subscribe@...

      Just send a message to the above address with nothing else added
      if you want to subscribe to the advnced list.

      c ya,
      Jody
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

      http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

    • Richard Bergman
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 1998
        On 14:44 01-10-1998 +0000, Nicole Simon wrote:

        >> I can export the information with a declaration, for example:
        >> Organisatie: Prinsengracht Ziekenhuis
        >> Straat: Prinsengracht 769
        >> Postcode: 1017 JZ
        >> Plaats: AMSTERDAM
        >> Tel.: 020 5999111
        >> Fax:
        >
        >I asume it's always five lines?

        I add a line, because that made it more easy to add the declaration.
        Thus in this format it is always 6 lines and then 2 hard returns and
        than starts another block of 6 lines.
        It looks like this:

        Organisatie: Prinsengracht Ziekenhuis
        Straat: Prinsengracht 769
        Postcode: 1017 JZ
        Plaats: AMSTERDAM
        Tel.: 020 5999111
        Fax:

        Organisatie: Bovenij Ziekenhuis
        Straat: Statenjachtstraat 1
        Postcode: 1034 CS
        Plaats: AMSTERDAM
        Tel.: 020 6346346
        Fax:

        Organisatie: Sint Lucas Andreas Ziekenhuis
        Straat: T.de Bockstraat 8
        Postcode: 1058 NR
        Plaats: AMSTERDAM
        Tel.: 020 5111115
        Fax:

        >> I can asure it for 99% :-(
        >> The name is only because a file has to have a name, so number them through
        >> is a acceptable alternative.
        >
        >ok, then perhaps you can find a better solution - perhaps you can think
        >about it.

        It is possible to put a line to the block with a unique number and use that
        as
        the filename.

        >> I don't know awk. Can this programme work under Windows 95?
        >
        >jap. it's not in notetab but it can generate html files without a problem
        >o) you can do it in notetab, but i would think, it's easier in awk.

        Where can I find awk?

        >my suggestion would be:
        >please do the following...
        >- you have to be sure you always have 5 lines
        > (in case you have a unique customernumber with
        > less than 9 digits, we can use this as filename.
        > in this case it would be 6 lines)

        With a unique ID-number it becomes 7 lines.

        >- make a clean example htmlresultfile
        >- use <content of line 1> etc as placeholder

        <HTML>

        <HEAD>
        <TITLE><content of line 2></TITLE>
        </HEAD>

        <BODY BACKGROUND="" BGCOLOR="#ffffff" TEXT="#000000" LINK="#0000ff"
        VLINK="#800080" ALINK="#ff0000">

        <H2><content of line 2></H2>
        <TABLE BORDER=0>
        <TR>
        <TD>
        <content of line 3>
        </TD>
        </TR>
        <TR>
        <TD>
        <content of line 4>
        </TD>
        </TR>
        <TR>
        <TD>
        <content of line 5>
        </TD>
        </TR>
        <TR>
        <TD>
        <content of line 6>
        </TD>
        </TR>
        <TR>
        <TD>
        <content of line 7>
        </TD>
        </TR>
        </TABLE>

        <HR>
        <FORM ACTION="/zoek" METHOD="get">
        <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="index" VALUE="\index/schizo/schz">
        <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="trefwoord" VALUE="<content of line 2>">
        <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Zoeken teksten over <content of line 2>">
        </FORM>
        <HR>
        Geef aanvullingen of correcties door aan de <A
        HREF="redactie.htm">redactie</A>
        van de <A HREF="../../index.htm">Helpdesk Schizofrenie</A>
        <HR>

        </BODY>

        </HTML>

        > and i'll write you the script and give it
        > as example to the list. don't be afraid, it's easy ;o)

        That would be very nice!

        >(i will be back in office on monday)
        >Nicole

        Have a nice weekend.