[NTB] Re: Help making clip

  • Nicole Simon
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 1998
      Richard Bergman wrote:
      > I'm not realy familiar with programming generaly and making clips
      > specially. So

      Hi Richard, this may be a good part for an awk-Script.

      > I take this opportunity to ask for help with a task I have to fulfil. I have a

      Is this a regular task?

      > textfile with (143) blocks of 5 lines text, as the example mentioned
      > underneath
      > : Prinsengracht Ziekenhuis Prinsengracht 769 1017 JZ AMSTERDAM Tel.: 020
      > 5999111 Fax:

      Big Problem with this: What is the Name? What is the Street? What is the
      City? OK, you know it because when you look at it you do know what which
      part is. But you cant give an algorithm - or is it always 2 words for the
      company, one word and a figure - you get it. Do you have the posibility to
      export these information in a more suitable way?

      What do you mean by

      ?

      > Then the file has to be saved with the 8 first characters of the content of
      > the

      hm - can you asure that there is no other prinseng?
      or better - what do you need this name for, why not number them through?

      with awk we could generate a lookup-html-file at the same time.

      perhaps you can give us a more detailed description of what to? :o)

      Nicole

      --
      ».. it HAS changed my life. As long as my wife (also a Pilot user) writes
      down something in my datebook I don't forget it! Im such a good husband!«

    • Richard Bergman
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 1998
        On 07:46 01-10-1998 +0000, Nicole Simon wrote:

        >Richard Bergman wrote:
        >> I'm not realy familiar with programming generaly and making clips
        >> specially. So
        >
        >Hi Richard, this may be a good part for an awk-Script.
        >
        >> I take this opportunity to ask for help with a task I have to fulfil. I
        have

        >Is this a regular task?

        Yes, at least for the coming 3 months.

        >> textfile with (143) blocks of 5 lines text, as the example mentioned
        >> underneath
        >> : Prinsengracht Ziekenhuis Prinsengracht 769 1017 JZ AMSTERDAM Tel.: 020
        >> 5999111 Fax:
        >
        >Big Problem with this: What is the Name? What is the Street? What is the
        >City? OK, you know it because when you look at it you do know what which
        >part is. But you cant give an algorithm - or is it always 2 words for the
        >company, one word and a figure - you get it. Do you have the posibility to
        >export these information in a more suitable way?

        For some reasons I don't understand the hard returns disappeared. It has to
        be:
        Prinsengracht Ziekenhuis ----------> name
        Prinsengracht 769 ----------> street
        1017 JZ AMSTERDAM ------------> zipcode and city
        Tel.: 020 5999111 -------------> phone
        Fax: -------------> fax (not present in this case)

        The company or more secified the organisation (it are all hospitals) can be
        1, 2 or 3 words. The same for the street. The other lines have always the
        same amount of words (except in rare cases for the city as I think about it
        now).
        I can export the information with a declaration, for example:
        Organisatie: Prinsengracht Ziekenhuis
        Straat: Prinsengracht 769
        Postcode: 1017 JZ
        Plaats: AMSTERDAM
        Tel.: 020 5999111
        Fax:

        >What do you mean by
        >> the first
        >> line as a
        >>
        >> ..

        I mean the name of the organisation, wich appaers on the first line of the
        block of 5 lines.

        >?
        >
        >> Then the file has to be saved with the 8 first characters of the content of
        >> the
        >
        >hm - can you asure that there is no other prinseng?
        >or better - what do you need this name for, why not number them through?

        I can asure it for 99% :-(
        The name is only because a file has to have a name, so number them through
        is a acceptable alternative.

        >with awk we could generate a lookup-html-file at the same time.

        I don't know awk. Can this programme work under Windows 95?

        >perhaps you can give us a more detailed description of what to? :o)

        First I want to thank you for your (now already helpful) reaction. I hope
        I produced a more detailed description.

        With kind regards,
        Richard Bergman

      • Nicole Simon
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 1998
          Richard Bergman wrote:
          > Yes, at least for the coming 3 months.

          OK, it's worth doing it ;)

          > For some reasons I don't understand the hard returns disappeared. It has to
          > be:

          Ok,

          > I can export the information with a declaration, for example:
          > Organisatie: Prinsengracht Ziekenhuis
          > Straat: Prinsengracht 769
          > Postcode: 1017 JZ
          > Plaats: AMSTERDAM
          > Tel.: 020 5999111
          > Fax:

          I asume it's always five lines?

          > I can asure it for 99% :-(
          > The name is only because a file has to have a name, so number them through
          > is a acceptable alternative.

          ok, then perhaps you can find a better solution - perhaps you can think
          about it.

          > I don't know awk. Can this programme work under Windows 95?

          jap. it's not in notetab but it can generate html files without a problem
          ;o) you can do it in notetab, but i would think, it's easier in awk.

          my suggestion would be:
          please do the following...
          - you have to be sure you always have 5 lines
          (in case you have a unique customernumber with
          less than 9 digits, we can use this as filename.
          in this case it would be 6 lines)

          - make a clean example htmlresultfile
          - use <content of line 1> etc as placeholder

          and i'll write you the script and give it
          as example to the list. don't be afraid, it's easy ;o)

          (i will be back in office on monday)
          Nicole

          --
          ».. it HAS changed my life. As long as my wife (also a Pilot user) writes
          down something in my datebook I don't forget it! Im such a good husband!«
          »It's changed my life too - I write To Dos in my husband's Palm 3. I can't
          wait to upgrade so I can beam them to him instead!« D. Reed / A. Purvis

        • Jody Adair
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 1998
            Hi Richard,

            >Organisatie:
            >Straat:
            >Postcode:
            >Plaats:
            >Tel.:
            >Fax:

            >>> ..

            >I mean the name of the organisation, wich appaers on the
            >first line of the block of 5 lines.

            there are six lines above???

            I think it would be best for you to send three of these
            entries in one piece (and to the advanced list if you do
            not mind).

            It certainly can be done. Depending on *exactly* what you
            have makes the clip making decision easier on which way to
            go with this.

            <- Start below here ->
            1st line
            2nd line
            3rd line
            4th line
            5th line

            1st line
            2nd line
            3rd line
            4th line
            5th line

            1st line
            2nd line
            3rd line
            4th line
            5th line
            <- Stop above here ->

            In other words we need to see if there are spaces in
            between for a certain way I would make it using the
            amount of lines. Also, the ".." is still unclear.
            Are those to be inserted above the first line making
            a total of 6 lines in the finished file?

            ..
            1st line
            2nd line
            3rd line
            4th line
            5th line

            Do you want the "labels" also there or just the data after
            them? In other words, do you need it to say "Organisatie:"
            or just the name of the organization leaving "Organisatie:"
            out?

            Do you want the files saved as say:
            10-01-1.html
            10-01-2.html
            10-01-3.html

            and then the next day:

            10-02-1.html
            10-02-2.html

            mailto:ntb-advanced-subscribe@...
            ntb-advanced-subscribe@...

            Just send a message to the above address with nothing else added
            if you want to subscribe to the advnced list.

            c ya,
            Jody
            Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

            http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

          • Richard Bergman
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 1998
              On 14:44 01-10-1998 +0000, Nicole Simon wrote:

              >> I can export the information with a declaration, for example:
              >> Organisatie: Prinsengracht Ziekenhuis
              >> Straat: Prinsengracht 769
              >> Postcode: 1017 JZ
              >> Plaats: AMSTERDAM
              >> Tel.: 020 5999111
              >> Fax:
              >
              >I asume it's always five lines?

              I add a line, because that made it more easy to add the declaration.
              Thus in this format it is always 6 lines and then 2 hard returns and
              than starts another block of 6 lines.
              It looks like this:

              Organisatie: Prinsengracht Ziekenhuis
              Straat: Prinsengracht 769
              Postcode: 1017 JZ
              Plaats: AMSTERDAM
              Tel.: 020 5999111
              Fax:

              Organisatie: Bovenij Ziekenhuis
              Straat: Statenjachtstraat 1
              Postcode: 1034 CS
              Plaats: AMSTERDAM
              Tel.: 020 6346346
              Fax:

              Organisatie: Sint Lucas Andreas Ziekenhuis
              Straat: T.de Bockstraat 8
              Postcode: 1058 NR
              Plaats: AMSTERDAM
              Tel.: 020 5111115
              Fax:

              >> I can asure it for 99% :-(
              >> The name is only because a file has to have a name, so number them through
              >> is a acceptable alternative.
              >
              >ok, then perhaps you can find a better solution - perhaps you can think
              >about it.

              It is possible to put a line to the block with a unique number and use that
              as
              the filename.

              >> I don't know awk. Can this programme work under Windows 95?
              >
              >jap. it's not in notetab but it can generate html files without a problem
              >o) you can do it in notetab, but i would think, it's easier in awk.

              Where can I find awk?

              >my suggestion would be:
              >please do the following...
              >- you have to be sure you always have 5 lines
              > (in case you have a unique customernumber with
              > less than 9 digits, we can use this as filename.
              > in this case it would be 6 lines)

              With a unique ID-number it becomes 7 lines.

              >- make a clean example htmlresultfile
              >- use <content of line 1> etc as placeholder

              <HTML>

              <HEAD>
              <TITLE><content of line 2></TITLE>
              </HEAD>

              <BODY BACKGROUND="" BGCOLOR="#ffffff" TEXT="#000000" LINK="#0000ff"
              VLINK="#800080" ALINK="#ff0000">

              <H2><content of line 2></H2>
              <TABLE BORDER=0>
              <TR>
              <TD>
              <content of line 3>
              </TD>
              </TR>
              <TR>
              <TD>
              <content of line 4>
              </TD>
              </TR>
              <TR>
              <TD>
              <content of line 5>
              </TD>
              </TR>
              <TR>
              <TD>
              <content of line 6>
              </TD>
              </TR>
              <TR>
              <TD>
              <content of line 7>
              </TD>
              </TR>
              </TABLE>

              <HR>
              <FORM ACTION="/zoek" METHOD="get">
              <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="index" VALUE="\index/schizo/schz">
              <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="trefwoord" VALUE="<content of line 2>">
              <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Zoeken teksten over <content of line 2>">
              </FORM>
              <HR>
              Geef aanvullingen of correcties door aan de <A
              HREF="redactie.htm">redactie</A>
              van de <A HREF="../../index.htm">Helpdesk Schizofrenie</A>
              <HR>

              </BODY>

              </HTML>

              > and i'll write you the script and give it
              > as example to the list. don't be afraid, it's easy ;o)

              That would be very nice!

              >(i will be back in office on monday)
              >Nicole

              Have a nice weekend.